Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta separation?

I'm watching CTV right now...

In February, an Angus Reid poll showed 23% of Albertans believed Alberta would be better off if they were not part of Canada.

Wonder what the result will be if the coalition overthrows the elected government - especially since not one of those three parties mentioned during last months election that they would form a coalition?

Also wonder what the result will be once a cap & trade system is implemented - a cap & trade system that is a cornerstone of the signed agreement?

Does anyone believe separation can be stopped if Layton gets his wish / promise to cripple Alberta's ecomomy by shutting down the oil sands production?
    N/A
    61.54%
    n/a
    38.46%
    When in doubt - follow the money trail...

Separation will work the best if we are able to get more than just Alberta (BC, Sask, NWT, etc) on board. It would be difficult to go it alone.....but I'm becoming more and more convinced to give it a try.
    Mayor Mandel is a immature childish man

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecker View Post
        Separation will work the best if we are able to get more than just Alberta (BC, Sask, NWT, etc) on board. It would be difficult to go it alone.....but I'm becoming more and more convinced to give it a try.
        It would be a wealthy and succesful country. I don't think it is off the cards now, what has happened, and the money that may now be stolen to pay off Quebec (and Ontario auto), could result in this becoming a reality. Interstingly in another thread, I said this is always in the back pocket of Alberta. Better yet, it is relevant to the West in general. I think the power grab by the East right now could bring it to the fore.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecker View Post
          Don't forgt to add Manitoba. Their lakes might come in handy.
          Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far / shine on you crazy diamond

Comment

For starters, it would help if people would quit inflaming the situation by using words and phrases that are clearly FALSE - such as 'over throwing the government'.

Secondly, that Canadians who happen to live in Alberta would now suggest that we should 'separate' because of a change in government is clearly a dangerous proposition. Everyone needs to stop the inflammatory rhetoric and false statements.

I am profoundly disappointed with the seemingly cavalier attitude to the potential destruction of our country and the ease with which people seem willing to incite the populace.

Comment

Originally posted by raz0469 View Post
              Exactly. Picture worth a thousand words.

Comment

/\ KJ, here we have a couple of posters throwing a tantrum believing they are being robbed of something they didn't have in the first place while their province continues to be robbed by people they think protects the provinces interests. This is a non-starter and my last post on this thread.

Comment

I think that BC, Yukon, NWT, AB, SK and MB would make a fine country. Where do I vote to make this happen?
                  BobinEdmonton

Comment

The idea has its strengths and weakness. I like the idea. But will it fly?

Comment

Originally posted by bobinedmonton View Post
                      Where do I vote to make this happen?
                      I will only vote if they promise to bring back the Winnipeg Jets.

Comment

Alberta's national flag better have a pick-up truck with a dude throwing a crushed beer can out the window. That's the only way I could get behind Alberta separation - a cool flag.

Comment

Oh yeah, they would have to make Sherwood Park the capital, too. Then I'm in without a doubt.

Comment

This is the stupidest thing I ever heard. At least Quebec separation is justified by the preservation of culture. Alberta separation is justified by what? The preservation of an ***** culture? No oil sands.....oh no.....Research and development of new technology would be Alberta's greatest venture....but no let's maintain a collective intellectual capacity of pocket lint instead.

ok ok, this is the real thing

Comment

Originally posted by DTrobotnik View Post
                              This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.
                              Okely dokely.

At least Quebec separation is justified by the preservation of culture.
                              Culture that couldn't be maintained without the Feds pouring an endless supply of money to Quebec.

Alberta separation is justified by what?
                              You honestly don't know?

The preservation of an ***** culture?
                              You're kidding, right?
                              Last edited by soycd; 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM. Reason: sold a "d" back to Vanna

Comment

Working...
                              X