YegPin - Edmonton Pinball Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    I think all the arcades in Edmonton were in malls. I spent most of my time at the Capilano Mall arcade, but the best one had to be at WEM. I remember being disappointed in the Bonnie Doon arcade whenever we went there.
    Which one in WEM? I remember two of them: one adjacent to Galaxyland, another in the Phase 3 food court next to McDs.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

The one in the Phase 3 food court is still there, though it's very, very limited in terms of the games they have (no pinball!).

I liked the one that was part of Galaxyland, but the Phase 3 food court one was good as well. I think they were probably close to being the same size.

Kingsway also had a good arcade.
      They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Ill definitely be checking this out. Sucks that the one place i got a lot of my pinball parts for has closed down and i still have a machine I've yet to get around to fixing up. I've been tempted to sell it but the Mrs won't let me as we damaged a lot of walls moving it to where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gwill211 View Post
          Ill definitely be checking this out. Sucks that the one place i got a lot of my pinball parts for has closed down and i still have a machine I've yet to get around to fixing up. I've been tempted to sell it but the Mrs won't let me as we damaged a lot of walls moving it to where it is.
          Talk to someone at the expo in May. Maybe they can hook you up for parts and/or repair service.

Comment

Which table do you own?
            They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

I've got a revenge from Mars. It was a machine I fell in love with in 2002. A couple years back I spent forever trying to find one to buy. SML had one for $5k. I offered them $3500 and they told me to pound sand. Pins in Edmonton are ridiculously priced. I've lost out on a few during auctions that I've chased after. Broken pins going for $2000 seems a bit steep when I imported a RFM from Europe for $1500.

It's been a project I've worked on but haven't put enough time to getting it running perfectly. I had to crimp a bunch and convert the power supply... Had it running but still needed to replace a few bumpers....

I did meet some sweet collectors though who were gracious enough to show me their collections and give me advice on what I needed to do. The one guys man cave had 6 pins worth over $100,000. It's a shame how ridiculous prices can be for decent pins. At one point I spent a year trying to pay someone to help teach me how to do the repairs I needed before I found a collector who was willing to take a few minutes of his day and teach me what I needed to know...

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the event.

Comment

Ahh, that's one of the two pins with the video screen, isn't it? I haven't played that one, but always enjoyed Attack from Mars.

The rise in prices of pinball machines has been linked to The Pinball Arcade, a pinball simulation game that recreates existing tables for mobile, consoles and computers. People have noticed that the tables rise in price once the table is released in The Pinball Arcade, as people remember how good the table was and want to own one.

Curious what the 6 pins were that would be over $100,000.

Comment

Yeah RFM is the one with the cool video screen. I wish I knew the exact pins this one collector had but this was a couple years back now. They were pretty cool to see and play.

Comment

If you guys are interested in checking out The Pinball Arcade, their website is http://pinballarcade.com. I also run a fan forum for the game: http://www.pinballarcadefans.com.

Comment

Just a reminder that this is on this weekend. I took my son (4 years old) tonight and he lasted way longer than I expected. All the tables are free play, so the only price you pay is the entrance fee ($15 tomorrow, I believe). Tons of tables, some I had never played before, and lots of old favorites.

Comment

YEGPin is coming up again... May 5-7th. http://www.yegpin.com/

It's being held at the Alberta Aviation Museum this year. No more sleezy motel. Maybe I'll finally meet Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                        X