Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cal76 View Post
    Trouble in NIMBY-land?
    When they run out of affordable housing projects to destroy, the piranhas turn on each other.

Comment

Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
      He sue 2 others before and I believe the reason they let hm go due to his attitude toward others ?? we may never know why he was let go for 3 rd time since 80's
      After the court judgement there is a good chance the papers will be on-line for all to see. Unless there is a ban for some reason.
      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaerdo View Post
        Trouble in NIMBY-land?
        When they run out of affordable housing projects to destroy, the piranhas turn on each other.
        It wasnt affordable housing, it was a transitional housing. A step above a homeless shelter but below affordable housing.
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Ask any of the old money in the real Terwillegar what they think about Terwillegar Towne: "A step above a homeless shelter but below affordable housing".

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            He sue 2 others before and I believe the reason they let hm go due to his attitude toward others ?? we may never know why he was let go for 3 rd time since 80's
            After the court judgement there is a good chance the papers will be on-line for all to see. Unless there is a ban for some reason.
            A statement of claim for this would be available for you to see if you went to the courthouse and asked the clerks to conduct a search for you. They'd even make a copy for you (for a fee, of course). Pleadings such as these are publicly-accessible documents, but the court never publishes them online.
            “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

Statement of Claims are available on-line after the judgements have been passed.

https://albertacourts.ca/court-of-qu...ench/judgments

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/#se...&origCcId=abqb

Comment

^They post decisions, not pleadings.

Comment

Is there something wrong with your comprehension skills?. I said decisions were on-line after judgement is passed. Why are you mentioning pleadings? The guy has not committed a crime so what are you bleating away about pleadings for. The judge is going to make a judgement on weather The community league were in the right to fire him and the way they went about firing him. It's not a criminal case it's a civil case.

Comment

My comprehension skills are fine. How are yours? I think the problem is that you are throwing around legal terms that you don't understand. For instance, you do not seem to understand what a pleading is. It is not a term limited to criminal law. This definition may help you:

Pleading is the beginning stage of a lawsuit in which parties formally submit their claims and defenses. The plaintiff submits a complaint stating the cause of action -- the issue or issues in controversy. The defendant submits an answer stating his or her defenses and denials. The defendant may also submit a counterclaim stating a cause of action against the plaintiff. Pleadings serve an important function of providing notice to the defendant that a lawsuit has been instituted concerning a specific controversy or controversies. It also provides notice to the plaintiff of the defendant's intentions in regards to the suit.
                    In other words, a "Statement of Claim" is a pleading.

Is there something wrong with your comprehension skills?. I said decisions were on-line after judgement is passed.
                    Nope, you didn't say that at all. You said:

Statement of Claims are available on-line after the judgements have been passed.
                    Which, as I've attempted to explain above, is not the case. Pleadings (such as Statements of Claim, Statements of Defence, Counterclaims, Third Party Claims, etc.) are not posted online after judgments are made. Judgments or decisions themselves are made available on CanLII, yes, and sometimes the written decision will contain excerpts of pleadings (there's that word again!), but if you want to see the actual, full-text of the plaintiff's Statement of Claim, you'll need to contact the courthouse to request a hardcopy.

No need to get bent out of shape. I was only trying to help answer your questions in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                      Originally posted by Jaerdo View Post
                      Trouble in NIMBY-land?
                      It wasnt affordable housing, it was a transitional housing. A step above a homeless shelter but below affordable housing.
                      The horror..

Comment

Originally posted by JamesL View Post
                        A statement of claim for this would be available for you to see if you went to the courthouse and asked the clerks to conduct a search for you. They'd even make a copy for you (for a fee, of course). Pleadings such as these are publicly-accessible documents, but the court never publishes them online.
                        Why do they insist on making the process difficult? If something is supposed to be publicly accessible, it should be posted online.

This is yet another example of the problem with the civil courts though. Plaintiffs should be required to present their case to a judge and be approved for trial before the defendant even hears about it.

Comment

This doesn't make much sense. You want the defendant to be kept in the dark? No, the defendant (and their lawyer) are the ones who need to know what the grounds of the suit are. But it is not necessary for every member of the public to have access to what is often the private business of the defendant and plaintiff.

Comment

^ Under my proposal, if the plaintiff convinced the judge that it is possible that the would-be defendant's actions caused the damages claimed, then the defendant would be served and given an opportunity to retain legal council and refute the allegations in court. If the judge found the plaintiff's claim unbelievable, the case would end there. If the judge found the claims of wrongdoing believable, but the claims of damages unreasonable, then the plaintiff would have the option to drop the claim, or to revise the claim and proceed.

As for release of documents, if there is no compelling reason to restrict public release, the documents should be posted online. If there is a compelling reason to restrict public release, then the documents should not be posted online and should not be available to random members of the public at the courthouse either. None of this "you can have it but it will cost you" nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                            X