No announcement yet.

DECL Spring Clean Up - Sat May 3 - 10am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now imagine if the 15-20 people was 100? 500?

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Agree 100 percent, but thank god for the 15-20 of you guys that showed up. We need to change the mind set of a lot of business and property owners.

Comment

Don't forget this weekend it the 104th Street annual cleanup! Meet at 9am at DeVine wines for coffee/donuts!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1467318253499081/

Comment

May 10 and downtown has yet to see street sweeping. Will it get done in time for next week's farmer's market and the 30-40k visitors it brings? Stay tuned.
          www.decl.org

Comment

We were only able to put in an hour and 45 before we had to get to our other plans--I felt bad because there was so much left to do! We could definitely benefit from more hands on deck next year.
            “It’s so beautiful. What sort of bird is that?”

Comment

Honestly most of the garbage is picked up, say for maybe cigarette butts. Now the city really needs to get there before next Saturday to pick up the gravel.

Also, businesses like Kelly's Pub need to step it up. When someone throws up on the sidewalk the night before, you need to get that cleaned up or pressure washed immediately the next morning before opening your doors. Who wants to sit on a patio with that on the sidewalk?! I shake my head at how blind we are to these things sometimes.
              www.decl.org

Comment

Meh, for Top_Dawg this has just become part of the landscape.

Some Saturday and Sunday mornings the sidewalks around On The Cocks, The Crude, Koxville Tavern, Kelly's, and the entire Whyte Avenue bar district can be puke minefields.

Just evidence that a good time was had by all.

Comment

A little off topic here but I've been driving down Henday around the Yellowhead overpasses and I've noticed people picking up garbage like crazy around that area for the past, I'd say, two weeks? Is that a volunteer group or a company doing that?

My wife really likes how in the States you can adopt a highway and clean it up and make it your own. I think that'd be a really good idea up around here too. Maybe not so much in the winter time but the spring, summer and fall for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
                    A little off topic here but I've been driving down Henday around the Yellowhead overpasses and I've noticed people picking up garbage like crazy around that area for the past, I'd say, two weeks? Is that a volunteer group or a company doing that?

My wife really likes how in the States you can adopt a highway and clean it up and make it your own. I think that'd be a really good idea up around here too. Maybe not so much in the winter time but the spring, summer and fall for sure.
                    Pretty sure there's already that sort of arrangement on a lot of highways in Alberta. Just keep your eyes open for the signs that says which group.

Comment

I believe you are correct.

We need more block captains ^in downtown.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

^^^

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca..._MISC-INFO.PDF (page 8 )

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca...hwycleanup.pdf

Comment

Working...
                        X