No announcement yet.

Around the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance. But probably not for long. Look for him to surface in T.O. His ego could easily support two NHL teams there.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

Why does everybody hate Burke?
      Support the mob or mysteriously disappear...

Comment

Perhaps his dealings with the Oilers? And the fact that hes a bit of a hot head, and seems to have a hating for all things Edmonton?
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
          Perhaps his dealings with the Oilers? And the fact that hes a bit of a hot head, and seems to have a hating for all things Edmonton?
          Are you referring to the Pronger deal? It was my understanding that Pronger's wife was the catalyst on that deal...

I am rather indifferent to him (Burke) myself, but folks on this board and elsewhere seem to have a real hate-on for him. I am curious why this is so.

Comment

Because of the whole Penner fiasco, and let's not forget the Bertuzzi/Moore incident as well. Burke created an environment on the Canucks that led to that incident, and was pretty much unrepentant about it. As far as he's concerned, Steve Moore got what he deserved.

He's just an all around really really abrasive kind of guy. He's outspoken and arrogant to an extent that few other GM's in the NHL can match.

Comment

Originally posted by bulliver View Post
              Originally posted by Medwards View Post
              Are you referring to the Pronger deal? It was my understanding that Pronger's wife was the catalyst on that deal...

I am rather indifferent to him (Burke) myself, but folks on this board and elsewhere seem to have a real hate-on for him. I am curious why this is so.
              How about everything AFTER the pronger trade? You must not follow NHL or the Oilers that closely...

http://communities.canada.com/edmont...of-penner.aspx
              Last edited by Medwards; 12-11-2008, 06:56 PM.
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^ Well, I suppose I am more interested in what happens on the ice than off

Thanks for the link.

Comment

It's funny Gary Bettman put the gag order on the feud only after Kevin Lowe finally opened his mouth to respond to Burke's insults.

Comment

Burke will end up as GM of the Maple Laffs. He can't make them any worse...or can he?
                    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

For all his bluster, Burke is one of the better GMs in the NHL these days. Anything's an improvement over what Toronto has been doing the past decade or two.

Comment

i think what Toronto needs is a whole sale change in fans attitude--they believe their team is always going to win it all no matter who the players are. They really need to get a grip on reality and start supporting the team they have, not the team they imagine they have.

Comment

Burke is good at convincing others he is some kind of genius. That's it.
                          He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

Burke is a win-now GM. He inherited a very good Anaheim team and basically added (ie. fell on his lap) Scott Neidermayer and Pronger to win the Cup. But as Kevin Lowe said, when Burke leaves a team the cupboard is bare.
                            i think what Toronto needs is a whole sale change in fans attitude--they believe their team is always going to win it all no matter who the players are. They really need to get a grip on reality and start supporting the team they have, not the team they imagine they have.
                            Ron Wilson has brought fun and entertainment to the Leafs. He is sticking with the young players, which is a whole different mindset in Toronto. But if Burke becomes the new Leafs GM he will go back to the old way of relying on veterans.

Comment

Has Kipper lost his touch for the flames?

Comment

One thing about the All-Star selections, I'm sure that Montreal fans could select Ryan O'Byrne for the West Team, for scoring a goal in his own net, giving Montreal seven starters.
                                "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Working...
                                X