No announcement yet.

Don Cherry fired from HNIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an added bonus thank goodness we won't have to hear his Boston and MakeBeLeafs' biased views anymore.

Comment

Top_Dawg absolutely loves all the angst and heartburn these situations bring up for all the sanctimonious politically correct cornholios out there.

Nobody can laugh anything off anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Top_Dawg absolutely loves all the angst and heartburn these situations bring up for all the sanctimonious politically correct cornholios out there.

Nobody can laugh anything off anymore.
        But he wasn't making the comments as light-hearted witticisms to be laughed off. They were meant to be taken very seriously, which his critics did, though not in the way that he wanted.

Comment

Yeah except there is nothing to laugh about when spewing bigoted racist false information that didn't need to be said at all during a sports broadcast.

I know we've put up with a lot of Top_Dawgs more interesting nuances here, and generally laugh it off... but some of the **** you've said is straight out of yesteryear, Comparing women to poodles, and all the other stuff you do regularly just isn't socially acceptable anymore.
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Marcel summed up my views on the topic in #24 above.

I mostly went poppy-less this year. Wasn't making any kind of political statement, but am just tired of how many times the dang things keep falling off. And if they're not falling off, you're poking yourself with the pin.

By pure coincidence, last week's episode of This Hour has 22 Minutes had a humorous spoof of the poppy falling off problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNDXsblfO3s

Comment

Top_Dawg rules

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                Top_Dawg rules
                Fitting.
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                  Top_Dawg rules
                  if Top_Dawg rules he must reign over a cesspool...
                  "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

He sure does!

Comment

MrOilers knows this because he lurks at the bottom of the cesspool.
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                        Yeah except there is nothing to laugh about when spewing bigoted racist false information that didn't need to be said at all during a sports broadcast.

I know we've put up with a lot of Top_Dawgs more interesting nuances here, and generally laugh it off... but some of the **** you've said is straight out of yesteryear, Comparing women to poodles, and all the other stuff you do regularly just isn't socially acceptable anymore.
                        This was just a job and the employer has a lot of rights to protect their brand from employees/contractors like him and they may have been expecting if not waiting for a time where they would can the guy. So it’s very likely NOT a case of wrongful dismissal. However if one were to pit the “socially acceptable” against the right to the freedom of conscience and speech, I don’t know which would win outside of court these days. It just seems like the sensitivity of the day determines people’s employment status.

For instance I frequently hear people say immigrants built this country. Yet there is no outcry for such a “divisive”, “bigoted”, “discriminatory” statement. I see it as a matter of education and debate but in the PC world such a comment should apparently be grounds for termination.
                        Last edited by KC; 12-11-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                          He went too far. He's never been PC, and he's what? 85. He's not going to change. He was given an opportunity to apologize, and wouldn't. I suspect we'll see him on another show. Btw, if I was Roger's I wouldn't of given him the opportunity , it makes me think twice about Rogers.
                          But saying: “ he's what? 85. He's not going to change. ” isn’t going too far? The difference is that it’s still socially acceptable to bash and denigrate older people. Even blatant ageism is rarely on people’s radars - yet.

Comment

Swampy

Comment

Intolerant

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                                Originally posted by Medwards View Post

This was just a job and the employer has a lot of rights to protect their brand from employees/contractors like him and they may have been expecting if not waiting for a time where they would can the guy. So it’s very likely NOT a case of wrongful dismissal. However if one were to pit the “socially acceptable” against the right to the freedom of conscience and speech, I don’t know which would win outside of court these days. It just seems like the sensitivity of the day determines people’s employment status.

For instance I frequently hear people say immigrants built this country. Yet there is no outcry for such a “divisive”, “bigoted”, “discriminatory” statement. I see it as a matter of education and debate but in the PC world such a comment should apparently be grounds for termination.
                                Unless something was built by the First Nations, then yes, everything else was built by immigrants, If you or your parents or grandparents hadn't come here, then you wouldn't be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X