No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers 2019-20 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Reilly's groin. Literally and figuratively.

Comment

• I attended an Oilers season ticket holder focus group w/ Leger marketing last night. I half expected nobody else to show up given the weather, but every single person in our group did, and they were "motivated" let's say. Everyone had mostly similar concerns regarding how high prices have gotten, how bad the food is, how slow the service is, how crowded the upper concourse is, and so on. All that being said, the majority of the group was still likely to renew their tickets for the next season, with most agreeing that the main motivating factor is the hope for playoffs and not wanting to miss out (I made a joke about Stockholm Syndrome). The ones who won't renew said it's because they can attend as many games as they'd like, in better seats, for less money by just buying tickets on the exchange or other sites as the market for them has absolutely cratered in the last year or so (that's my experience, as well).

The couple times I tried to discuss upper management's arrogance and nepotism, the moderator more or less cut me off. The only topics to be discussed were the arena and it's amenities, with a little time at the end for on-ice performance. The organization and upper management absolutely does NOT want to hear about how it is perceived by the fans and businesses that are it's lifeblood. I was pretty disappointed in that. I did my best to bring up Kevin Lowe's "there are 2 types of fans" comments from back in the day and how that reflected management's true attitudes towards it's customers, but the moderator was very, very quick to move along.

I wonder who exactly was behind that one way mirror...
      Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 09-01-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for trying to speak truth to power, Marcel. Burger Bob deserves much criticism, as well.
        “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

• Originally posted by bpeters View Post
          Oilers 6, Leafs 4. TopDawg? Comments? Hello? Bueller? Bueller?.....

Top_Dawg will reserve comment until the end of the regular season when the Oilers fail to make the playoffs yet again.

Comment

• It's a long season, with many twists and turns. One week, you're on top of the world, next week, everyone is dumping on you. Hell, game to game it changes. Good idea to reserve final definitive comments until we're either in, or out. However, they are playing quite well right now, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

• Five Pacific Division Teams (all non-California) are separated in the standings by one point.
              "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post
                Top_Dawg will reserve comment until the end of the regular season when the Oilers fail to make the playoffs yet again.

The only necessary response to a Leafs fan beaking off about hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                  Five Pacific Division Teams (all non-California) are separated in the standings by one point.
                  That's interesting especially with 33 games remaining down the home stretch. Oilers play Calgary at the end of this regular season. I got a feeling that the winner of that game will determine which team will limp into the playoffs.
                  Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• Anyone read that article by that Sh*ticker beat Flamers writer - Eric Francis? Article about Giordano's potential season ending injury...in it he describes the Flamers loss to us as "Draft Lottery Fodder!!!!!"

Comment

• Anyone read that article by that Sh*ticker beat Flamers writer - Eric Francis? Article about Giordano's potential season ending injury...in it he describes the Flamers loss to us as "Draft Lottery Fodder!!!!!"

Comment

• Eric Francis is a tool, but in the article he's actually referring to the Sharks as draft-lottery fodder. He's saying it is devastating to follow an 8-3 humiliation (Oilers *****-kicking) with a loss to draft lottery fodder (the lowly Sharks).
                        He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

• Oilers are first place in the Pacific with 70 points!
                          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• GO! OILERS GO!

Break the Katz curse...
                            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

• Probably premature, but.....only 4 points behind the conference leading and defending Cup champs, the Blues.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                                Oilers are first place in the Pacific with 70 points!
                                And Anaheim beating Vancouver did us a favour, and the Hawkes beating Calgary before that. Pretty good weekend for the Oilers
                                Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

Working...
                                X