No announcement yet.

Edmonton Oilers - 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately this likely means Lucic will score 8 goals against the Oilers next year. Isn’t that how it always seems to work out?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

• Plus punch out and/or injure our key players. lol. Good trade though KH. Next: Pulji plus someone from the farm or a future third or fourth round draft pick for another good winger?
      Last edited by Drumbones; 20-07-2019, 05:50 AM.
      Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Edmonton Oilers restricted free agent Jesse Puljujarvi has signed a one-year contract with Finnish club Oulun Karpat, though the deal does include an NHL opt-out clause until December 1.
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Oilers have signed Riley Sheahan to a 1-year $900K contract
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Sheahan will be a good help at on 3rd line and PK.
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
              Sheahan will be a good help at on 3rd line and PK.
              Seem to be good on the draw, if nothing else. Defensive draws on the PK could be really helpful. And cheap I guess. but likely not going to put up many points.

Comment

• Boyd Gordon 2.0?
                He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

• Anyone know if the Oilers rookie training camp games are televised?
                  Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• The rookie games will only be streamed online.

The main camp exhibition games will have two that will be televised by Sportsnet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bpeters View Post
                      Boyd Gordon 2.0?
                      At 27, he's about 3 years younger than Gordon was when signed, which is a fairly big difference in terms of whether he's still in his prime or about to fall off a cliff like Gordon did. He's also put up slightly better offensive totals in his career. I'm not sure he's going to be a particularly good 3rd line center, certainly not better than say Ryan Strome, but he's a cheap option that can be buried in the AHL for no cost.

Comment

• Yeah, I was only suggesting I believe the Oilers have him penciled for similar role.
                        He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

• Gotcha. Let's just hope he's not Eric Belanger!

Comment

• Looks like Kyle Brodziak will be on LTIR. https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...to-back-injury
                            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Working...
                            X