No announcement yet.

Edmonton Eskimos 2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winnipeg is the team to beat out West. They win even without their starting QB in the line-up.

Comment

At a positive 10 in the penalties for and against Winnipeg is indeed the favoured team in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
        Winnipeg is the team to beat out West. They win even without their starting QB in the line-up.
        Because they don't have a starting QB..

Seriously though their wins are predicated on great D, solid special teams, winning turn over battles, solid discipline, and having playmakers all over the pitch. They be beasting.

Winnipeg ought to win this year but they sure don't win the GC often..

Serves them right for beating the crap out of us 50-11 in 1990. That one was real ugly.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

I don't know why, I just can't recall that 1990 Grey Cup at all but the ensuing karma the Bombers have received since is delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by SP59 View Post
            I don't know why, I just can't recall that 1990 Grey Cup at all but the ensuing karma the Bombers have received since is delicious.
            Unfortunately I watched the game while drunk at a party. Not a great experience and not a great party. Was more like a funeral wake. Unfortunately I wasn't drunk enough not to remember it..

The whole game was surreal. Bombers were the favorites but the Esks had rolled through the Riders and the Stamps in the playoffs and seemed to be cresting at the right time.

The GC game was 10-4 at the half and The Esks D was shutting Winnipeg down for awhile. Then the roof caved in and the bombers carpet bombed us with 4 TD's in the 3rd quarter. Was like getting hit over the head repeatedly with a 2X4
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post

Seriously though their wins are predicated on great D, solid special teams, winning turn over battles, solid discipline, and having playmakers all over the pitch. They be beasting.

Serves them right for beating the crap out of us 50-11 in 1990. That one was real ugly.
              You've heard of Matt Nichols, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post

You've heard of Matt Nichols, right?
                I don't think much of him, didn't when he was an Eskimo, and overall I think Streveler will unseat him moving forward.

Nichols looks a lot better than he is because the Bombers are such a dominant team at every other position.

That said I can't stand the guy. so take with grain of salt.

Comment

Paul LaPolice is also a good offensive coordinator. Winnipeg's offense is good at confusing opposing defenses. By contrast, Edmonton's offense has been very "vanilla" with Maas trying to turn every QB he works with into a pocket passer.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                    Paul LaPolice is also a good offensive coordinator. Winnipeg's offense is good at confusing opposing defenses. By contrast, Edmonton's offense has been very "vanilla" with Maas trying to turn every QB he works with into a pocket passer.
                    Not sure I would call Reilly a pocket passer, he was also a very good scrambler, as is Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                      Harris doesn't have the arm strength that Reilly has but we also have to stretch the field too. Our dink and dunk offense is so brutal to watch right now.

That all being said, Harris has been dealing with an injury to his throwing shoulder so maybe they've decided to dumb down the offense while he plays through the injury?

Comment

Painful.

Shoulda, woulda,.....whatever.

The Eskimos defence says hello.

Comment

Fire Maas
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

and hire Ricky Ray into the organization. I hear he knows a bit about football.
                            Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

I thought I might have seen some words to the effect of 'great fightback last night', or summat. I guess the trick is not to allow a 24-point deficit in the first place. I bet half of the TV audience in Edmonton was gone by half time.
                              Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Yup.
                                “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Working...
                                X