Edmonton Eskimos 2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big win for the boys last night!

Our D-line is unreal. They were all over Reilly last night and he had no time to do anything.

Glad to see Harris was ok after that hit from Odell. Looked like it could have been a bad injury.

Comment

Yep, nice win. Three TD's to break the field goal monotony vs. the Bombers.

But face it, the Leos are Gawd awful. I think the Golden Bears would give them a run for the money.
      ... gobsmacked

Comment

Originally posted by McBoo View Post
        Yep, nice win. Three TD's to break the field goal monotony vs. the Bombers.

But face it, the Leos are Gawd awful. I think the Golden Bears would give them a run for the money.
        Their O-line is atrocious. Just awful. It's like a turnstile when they are rushed by more than 4 guys.

Comment

Ricky Ray named to wall of fame

Ricky Ray’s pro football career has finally hit a wall.
          Make that the wall, as one of the greatest to wear green and gold will have his name placed on the Edmonton Eskimos Wall of Honour, the club announced Tuesday morning.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/ricky-ray-named-to-edmonton-eskimos-wall-of-honour/wcm/cc7328c8-212c-45f1-81fa-b883e27b5542

Comment

One of the best I ever saw play for the Eskimos at any position.

The fact he is going on the wall so quickly after he announced his retirement shouldn't be a shock to anyone. He's one of the best the Eskimos and the CFL have seen play.

Comment

Great to see this for Ray. He was a great quarterback.

Comment

Cool hand Luke ....

Class act and another generation's true green and gold hero.
                ... gobsmacked

Comment

Esks win their first shutout since 2003 - that was before C2E even existed!
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Shaq Cooper had a great night!
                    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                      Esks win their first shutout since 2003 - that was before C2E even existed!
                      Mistaken tweet. Their last shutout was in 2014.
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Just over 30,000 attendance. Not bad for a Thursday night game with poor weather most of the day and competing with K-days.

The $22 endzone seats were full. But I wonder why only the top 1/3 of the endzone seats (7 rows) were open? The rest of the seats were tarped-up. The $22 section can be very popular especially when Calgary and Saskatchewan visits. Instead of doing the promotion half-assed, the Eskimos should open the WHOLE end zone seating.

Comment

Perhaps they're opened as needed.

Comment

Blah! The Eskimos lost to Winnipeg against their 2nd string QB.

Edmonton's offense was non-existent. Not sure if I should give the Bombers defence credit or blame the bad play calling on Edmonton's part.

Also, it's true what I read 2 days ago. Chris Streveler is more suited to beat the Eskies than Nichols. This is especially true when Andrew Harris provides the 1-2 punch.

Comment

Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
                              Not sure if I should give the Bombers defence credit or blame the bad play calling on Edmonton's part.
                              Definitely the latter, which means Jason Maas should be sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
                                Blah! The Eskimos lost to Winnipeg against their 2nd string QB.

Edmonton's offense was non-existent. Not sure if I should give the Bombers defence credit or blame the bad play calling on Edmonton's part.

Also, it's true what I read 2 days ago. Chris Streveler is more suited to beat the Eskies than Nichols. This is especially true when Andrew Harris provides the 1-2 punch.
                                Its a bid misguided to focus on the QB as the QB is not why Winnipeg Wins. Winnipeg wins because they have an allstar D, and allstar (and one of the best ever) RB. They have an allstar punter, FG kicker. Superlative coaching. You could insert any credible QB into that mix and Winnipeg is winning and Streveler adds some mobile facets that are a huge problem to contain. The mix of Streveler and Harris running gave the Esks D fits. It was the hardest to contain thing they have seen all season.

Streveler could be a special QB. Right now he's more comfortable with the running game and establishing that. When he starts trusting his passing more and making better reads look out. The specific trouble with the Streveler/Harris combo is they are both tanks and you have to tackle in numbers. They beat man on man tackles for fun. The Bombers scheme played it perfectly. Esks D never knew if they had to contain Harris run, or Strev's run, and all the plays were misdirection. Bombers coaching on a level not seen here for decades.
                                "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Working...
                                X