Edmonton Eskimos 2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
    ^ Why would Campbell want to go to BC? He has a relationship with GM Brock from the Ottawa days. Also he's familiar with Harris and Ellingson.

There is the local boy factor too. Plus the Eskimos are in a better position to win the Grey Cup than BC.
    The bigger question would be why LaPolice leave Winnipeg just after they have finally won a GC and look every bit like a dynastic club moving forward? That team and org is loaded with talent top to bottom. Well recruited well coached team and well run org. Since they've been in Investors field it seems like the Bombers have better revenue, financial stability, and everything is in place. That is the best defense I have seen in the CFL in decades.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• Because he is not a head coach in Winnipeg.

Comment

• Originally posted by SP59 View Post
        Because he is not a head coach in Winnipeg.
        Yeah but he's been one before. I thought he was fine with where he was at this point, and he's excellent at what he does. I thought he was more comfortable in his capacity than on the sidelines. This is just my own take but I'd rather have a pretty guaranteed half dozen more years as an offensive coach on a dynastic team then walk somewhere else in the CFL coaching graveyard and having the likelihood of being fired quickly by another org. The money is better, and more guaranteed taking the bird in hand. The egos do tend to select the less advised option.

Look what happened to Devone Claybrooks. Its textbook example of the inherent risks of listening to your ego and chasing bigger CFL coaching dreams.

The CFL, especially present day, is not kind to head coaches. Its not kind to any coaches. But the ones that survive are from orgs doing well. The Winnipeg coaches have no worries about their continued employment. Unless they jump ship.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• Originally posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
          I think Campbell goes to BC.

I think we end up with Paul LaPolice from Winnipeg or Mark Kilam, Calgary's special teams coach.
          Good job! You are right, EdmontonsKindaGuy!

There is speculation Jason Maas will be BC's offensive coordinator, as you mentioned too.

So the question remains....who will coach the Eskimos?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post

Good job! You are right, EdmontonsKindaGuy!

There is speculation Jason Maas will be BC's offensive coordinator, as you mentioned too.

So the question remains....who will coach the Eskimos?
            I think it's LaPolice from Winnipeg for us. Just a gut feeling I have.

Comment

• Rick Campbell to B C ?

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/f...7-c3f475bdb4a1

Comment

Working...
              X