No announcement yet.

2017 NHL Playoffs - non Oilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preds were robbed of their chance to win this game by a blind ref. If this had been the Oilers in Rogers the fans would have rioted I'm sure and Replacement is worried about boo birds. Must leave a terrible taste in the mouths of these amazingly supportive hockey fans of Nashville. Bettman, get your act together and start scouting for refs for this league.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 12-06-2017, 11:58 AM.
    Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Amazingly supportive hockey fans. lmao.

The Preds historically have struggled with attendance and have almost always been one of the worst attended teams in the league. This is the first season ever that they have sold out their games.

Robbed, lol

Were the Preds robbed when they **** the bed 6-0 (In a game that could have been 10-0) and that resulted in them being on verge of elimination?

A call on one goal was bad. In a game where the Preds were gifted ALL the PP's including a long 5on 3. The statistical conversion rate for long 5 on 3 exceeds 50%. The preds didn't finish on any of their chances, any of their PP's. Even if the goal stood I don't think the Preds end up winning that game.

The Pens are deserving champs.

No bitter taste either because Pens won the game. That's why they play 7 game series so that one goal or one play doesn't determine a result. The Pens are the better club and came through in the crunch, predictably. Score was 8-0 in the last 2 GP with the series on the line. When it got to 3 game series crunch time Preds couldn't get it done.
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• Originally posted by Replacement View Post
        Amazingly supportive hockey fans. lmao.

The Preds historically have struggled with attendance and have almost always been one of the worst attended teams in the league. This is the first season ever that they have sold out their games.

Robbed, lol

Were the Preds robbed when they **** the bed 6-0 (In a game that could have been 10-0) and that resulted in them being on verge of elimination?

A call on one goal was bad. In a game where the Preds were gifted ALL the PP's including a long 5on 3. The statistical conversion rate for long 5 on 3 exceeds 50%. The preds didn't finish on any of their chances, any of their PP's. Even if the goal stood I don't think the Preds end up winning that game.

The Pens are deserving champs.

No bitter taste either because Pens won the game. That's why they play 7 game series so that one goal or one play doesn't determine a result. The Pens are the better club and came through in the crunch, predictably. Score was 8-0 in the last 2 GP with the series on the line. When it got to 3 game series crunch time Preds couldn't get it done.
        Well there weren't many Preds fans left at the end, and some were angry. They didn't riot in the streets, set fires, loot stores, or overturn cars.

And they didn't bully little kids for being fans and wearing the sweater of the opposing team. Where did we see that?

The ref lost sight of the puck, and he's supposed to blow the whistle. It was a pretty quick whistle, and I wish he'd waited a second longer, but I think the refs are trying to protect the goalies from all of the hacking and whacking that can go on when they do have the puck covered.

It was a blown call, for sure, but, as we've been through before, if one blown call is all it takes to lose a game, then you probably didn't deserve to win. Whining about the refs is something losers do.

The Preds had lots of time and chances to score, but couldn't do it, even with a 5 on 3. The 5 on 3 sealed their fate, and gave the Pens momentum.

Nashville made a great run, and when the sting wears off a little they and their fans should be proud of what they accomplished. They are going to be there in the thick of things next year.

There is no NHL conspiracy or "fix", and those suggesting there is should maybe try another sport.

The East was a lot stronger than the West this year, and especially the Metropolitan Division. I think any of the top 3 teams in that division would win the Cup.

The Pacific Division was the weakest, again, and I don't see that changing next year.
        aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

• The season of terrible refereeing!!
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post
            The season of terrible refereeing!!
            I've never seen it as bad as it was this year. Ottawa got away with way too much against the Penguins, but they always seem to.
            aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              Originally posted by H.L. View Post
              The season of terrible refereeing!!
              I've never seen it as bad as it was this year. Ottawa got away with way too much against the Penguins, but they always seem to.
              From what I've heard, and read, everyone thinks the same way. I hope the NHL looks into it!
              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
              X