X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barhonda View Post
    Originally posted by envaneo View Post
    Oilers playoffs, McDavid, Art Ross, MVP. Beyond that whatever happens, happens.
    THIS. Oilers already exceeded expectations this year with a playoff birth, anything after that is a bonus.
    Exactly.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

Going to game 1, woo!

Where are people planning on watching out of curiosity? Whyte, Downtown, Home, other?

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Home for the first two games, some random decently sized sports pub in downtown san francisco for game 3 (TBD), and live at the SAP Center in San Jose for Game 4!!!
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how they treat Ford Hall during the home games. It's free to hang around there, right?
          They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

I'll be watching from home, my neighbours and my friend down the street in his garage that I just picked up a new Samsung 32" TV for him as his older one was crapping out. Can't take that chance with the Oilers in the playoffs so I purchased him an early birthday present.
            Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
              It'll be interesting to see how they treat Ford Hall during the home games. It's free to hang around there, right?

Good question Gord.

Be interesting to see if they jack up the beer prices like they did playoff tickets.

Comment

I'll be watching from home because there will be multiple other games going on and DVRs rule!
                I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                  Going to game 1, woo!

Where are people planning on watching out of curiosity? Whyte, Downtown, Home, other?
                  We're hitting Whyte for game 1.

Anyone know if they are doing anything in the winter garden for the games? They usually close Molson whatever it is called for the start of events.

Comment

Awaiting formal confirmation, but one has to think Molson House will be a rockin! Hopefully some activities and tailgate outside around Rogers as well.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I'll be watching at home. Not paying 400bucks/ticket to a playoff game lol I've seen the Oilers win the cup twice. First time I paid 99bucks/ticket resale. That was a promotion that included dinner at the forum Inn and getting to meet the players pre game that was 1985. second time I got regular tickets, 2nd bowl, 28bucks. That was for a game 7 playoff winner take all SC game against the Flyers in 87. I had bought 8 tickets to that game for friends and family.

To wit I decided to check what first round 2017 playoffs is costing around the league. Search was in all cases for pairs but prices listed are per ticket. Heres the results in order of lowest ticket cost with no further commentary;

Edm 400 bucks minimum, no seat in the whole place lower than that through NHL ticket exchange.

Tor 323bucks

MTL 175bucks

Bos 115bucks

Minn 112bucks

Calgary 103bucks

Clb 86bucks

Wash 74bucks

Ott 70bucks

Chi 70bucks

Nash 67bucks

SJ 60bucks

Pitts 60bucks

Stl 53bucks

Ana 37bucks

Now I understand that USD is more money, but still. Only playoff tickets I couldn't check is NYR as their ticket buying page was jammed continuously. They might be higher than Edmonton cost to get in. Nobody else is.
                      Last edited by Replacement; 10-04-2017, 02:42 PM.
                      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Now I'll editorialize. I'll remind that this here arena was the arena that needed to be capped out at 18,500 because Katz wasn't sure of demand and wanted a low capacity arena. 14NHL rinks have a higher capacity. Only 3 NHL cities have higher ticket demand. (NY, Mtl, Tor, looking at total gate and around the rink pricing out)

I called this out at the time and stated that this rink should be 20K capacity and that even that wouldn't come close to covering this market. People responded, "yeah but supply and demand" keep capacity low, ticket prices high as if that benefitted.

Well that's what we got here. Crazy, absolutely insane demand, but extremely limited supply.

This is the hottest sports and Entertainment market in Canada. One of the clear top half dozen markets in NA, mainly because it seems people here have limitless disposable cash which is a rarity anywhere else but say NY, LA, Tor, Van. and in Vancouver they don't bother being entertainment fans.

Man, even Calgary hasn't caught this bug. This is just Edmonton being event crazy. No other place like this. Now one could look at that as being really good, but not if you're some young person wanting to try to buy a ticket that has not had a chance to see playoff hockey before.

My advice would be just do what Meds did and book a flight and see some games in SJ. It would possibly be a cheaper option including cost of flight.
                        Last edited by Replacement; 10-04-2017, 02:56 PM.
                        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Or maybe no one else has 10 years of pent-up demand. After 5years of playoff appearances we could be dropped back down to Montreal's level.
                          There can only be one.

Comment

I will be in town for Game 1, but after that I'll be out of the country for six days (terrible timing, I know, but the trip was planned about six months ago). The Oilers had better do well so that I can see more than just the one night of hockey!
                            “It’s so beautiful. What sort of bird is that?”

Comment

It wasn't a supply and demand thing. You're making that up replacement. It was a cost vs benefit thing. Adding more seats is very costly. The ideal arrangement/seating capacity was found for the space the arena is in. Adding another 1,500 seats isn't going to satisify the demand anyways.

You're out of touch again.
                              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

i have no idea where you got your research, but I have family in toronto who say that its minimum ticket there is $500 US plus

Comment

Working...
                                X