Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With regards to those prices, keep in mind that those are resale and certainly gouging due to supply and demand. Our upper 207 tickets for round 1 are something like $109 then 129 and 159 per round each. Not cheap, but certainly reasonable.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Originally posted by envaneo View Post
      ^ You'll be what by then 51?
      Now stop it...
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• Originally posted by IanO View Post
        This morning I decided to throw this on, man o man it is so fantastic.

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg
        Your videos still play? a lot of mine got seized up through time. Can't even rotate the things manually. I thought it was the players but the video cartridges themselves are mostly stuck. what a crap tech VHs was anyway. Its like watching something with sand in my eyes now after getting used to HD.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• Originally posted by Replacement View Post
          Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          It's just one game, and it's over. Doesn't mean a thing now. The Oilers weren't going to win 16 straight.

Everybody thought if the refs called it tight the Oilers would have an advantage, but the Sharks showed a lot of discipline, and the Oilers didn't. Tough to win if you take 4 penalties in the O zone. I think the Oilers thought they could intimidate the Sharks and wear them down with their hitting, but the Sharks have been there before. Instead, I think the Oilers spent too much energy trying for big hits, and maybe lost their focus a little.

Of course they have some great star players, but the Sharks depth was impressive. Melker Karlsson, Timo Meier, Jannik Hansen, Hertl, Sorenson, Donskoi, Tierney, Ward, etc.

I'd like to see someone take Desharnais place, but I'd rather it wasn't Hendricks, though his intensity would be welcome. Slepyshev should draw in. Maybe Puljujaarvi.

Nurse struggled. So did Gryba. We need to clean that up, somehow.

What's with the font in this post?

Excellent analysis Jimbo. I too thought that the Oilers were trying to run the Sharks out of the rink in the first with hits which is strange because Lucic would have told the club that that attempt is fruitless. the Kings last season spend 5 games trying to tenderize the Sharks. It didn't matter in the slightest, the Sharks can take it. So it was a misguided effort, and an odd game overall. But on the other hand it evokes the lack of experience the Oilers have. Struck me as a little strange as well with the degree to which Klef was celebrating the first goal which was a bad goal, and an own deflection by a Sharks defender. If Drai had scored that he would honestly toss it up to luck and not even raise his hands and make a funny smirk. I mention this because its more inexperience showing. The Oilers say too much, communicate too much bravado on the ice and I think the Sharks feed on it. A vet team is always looking for any added impetus to go at the new kids on the block. Like the Oil did with the Kings the Oilers are giving this ammo to the sharks as well. You can already see how much Burns wants to shove it up the Oilers arse. Don't give him added incentive. The Sharks played possum down the stretch and were just getting a rest. A logical and smart approach what with how many games they've played in the last couple seasons. The Oilers thought it was a big deal passing the Sharks in the standings. It didn't matter at all except maybe Katz getting an extra home date.

The Oilers will play better, and I think take game 2. But the Sharks will get better as well and especially with Thornton in the lineup. The bad news is that players like Hertl look on fire right now. He had a real strong game and that's critical to the Sharks scoring depth. Both Hertl and Ward got untracked already for depth scoring. That's not really what the Oilers want to be nourishing. Sharks have enough guns without giving those guys confidence.
          In a longer series, the hitting can wear on a team, and guys get banged up. Oilers are only down a game, it might be a long series, and "no broken bones", as the saying goes.

I'm not saying the game wasn't important, or that it wasn't a huge loss, but every playoff game is like that. It's just not important now.

Don't know if you saw Flames game, but they lost their composure too, after the worst line change in NHL history. Playoff history, anyway.

The Habs may be the best Canadian team right now, but they are also playing one of the toughest opponents. Leafs are in tough, but who knows? Ottawa have been the underdog all year, but they're as good as the Habs on any given night, and Boston isn't a powerhouse.

The surprising thing, for many, isn't that the Oilers and Flames to some degree lost their composure, but that Anaheim and the Sharks didn't. Everyone expected Perry to cross the line and do something stupid, but he played hard and clean, and drew retaliation.

We'll see. Gotta go.
          aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

• Great hit by Kassian!
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Nuge with probably one of his best periods of the year. Doing what he needs to do on this club as a 2nd line Center. Noted him being a lot more physical than normal. That needs to be consistent.

A worry though is that once again the Oilers expended too much energy in a first period chasing hits and taking penalties. The Oilers are still too jacked up and need to settle down and start playing with their heads instead of pure emotion. Both penalties so were due to over exuberance in scrums. You can tell the Oilers are really excited. But this times Sharks are not down 2-0 and Jones is looking solid.

This is going to be a tough game. I don't really agree with the Oilers 100 hits approach they are showing here. They are hitting instead of using skill. Its not going to work against the Vet Sharks who can absorb any degree of punishment.

Maroon really looks like theres something wrong with him. He's not 100% here. He got hurt late in season. He's struggling. Can't agree with the decision to play Caggiuia again. This series is just too much heavy metal for him to be very effective. Give the kid an experience but I'd rather somebody else draw in.

Comment

• Great hit by Kassian!
                "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Zack Kassian = bull in a china shop
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Zack having a huge game and heroic if the scoreline stands up or anyway. He's been all over the place. Energizer killer. Zack attack as they say.

Still a 1 goal game though and Sharks seemed to just want to stay in this one in the 2nd period. A chance they're letting the Oil punch themselves out. Key is for the Oilers to have to play another energetic period. Oilers have to have this game.

Comment

• What a bounce-back. Despite the low score, the Sharks were never in this one.

Comment

• Uppers:
                        Victory! A shutout for Cam! McJesus finds another gear, while Zack, besides showing some wicked Lemmy chops, is finally showing us why he was a top draft pick.

Downers:
                        The number of penalties is ridiculous, and the officiating has been brutal at times. Hope we don't lose Klef, he's easily been one of their better D-men.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Zach looked awesome tonight, he really is a talented hockey player. I hope they sign him long term soon. Loved the physicality that the team brought, play like this and you will win (but stay out of the box!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                            The number of penalties is ridiculous
                            Yeah - too many careless stick infractions. Yes, the Sharks' powerplay sucks, but you can't keep tempting fate like that.

I just heard on the radio that the Oilers threw more hits tonight than any other team in any other game this season. Tonight they've proven they can play with the big boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                              lol, how many of you rubes are on the payroll. 'The province is excited" Calgarians can give a rats *** we got a new arena, they would prefer we didn't. I'd be fine with that too.

"We're accommodating people so the scalpers are not taking advantage of the situation" lmfao. oh my lord. Did she say that with a straight face? ****, these idiots are getting paid. At least come up with intelligible lies.

I keep remembering a design with tons of premium tickets that was always designed to be expensive and the very little amount of non premium tickets, i.e. smaller top bowl/corners where you can't even take a ****.

Disingenious as well of them to keep saying this is a 20,500 capacity arena when its 18500 for its main tenant. Fact of the matter is theres about 5k tickets in this arena the average person could even afford. Who wanted this arena? I keep forgetting.
                              Is this board always this foul and negative and mean-spirited? Not to pick on you, but your posts are really nasty stuff. I was thinking of posting here more, but yeesh.

Comment

• ^ Just ignore him. We all do.

Comment

Working...
                                X