Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Hockey] Illegal betting? Drugs? Olympics? What's going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Hockey] Illegal betting? Drugs? Olympics? What's going on?

All I have to say is that this has been a very busy few days for hockey and it seems all bad.

The scandal involving Tocchet is getting crazy. The question of "who's going to be named next?" keeps on coming up. Today it was The Great One himself along with his wife. I guess if you are going to explore an issue you might as well start at the top.

Then there is the whole failed drug test story with Jose Theordore that just happens be released the same day. He tested positive for "masking agent" Propecia but no positive for any performance enhancing drug. Now I don't know what's on the "WADA banned substance list", but surely Theodore would actually want to pick a drug that would actually enhance his performance if he was going to do it? I wouldn't exactly call his performance this year steller. I am interested in seeing how many other "all-stars" this investigation will turn out. Maybe Aki Berg is guilty?

If I was a conspiracy theorist I might think that these issues coming to light so close to the Olympics would be suspicious. But I'm not, so I guess it's just a bunch of bad luck and bad timing.

This season has been one of the best in recent memory. I hope all of these issues don't 'cause irreparable harm to the growth of the NHL.
    Time to grow up.

Nah, the NHL will be fine. This gambling issue seems more like the state of NJ being upset that they didn't get a cut of the action. That state is full of corruption, but the mafia that is their government is better than the real mob for trying to get its way.

Jose - I cannot believe that a guy going bald is now an issue. Hey Jose, just shave your mane I guess.
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Nah, the NHL will be fine. This gambling issue seems more like the state of NJ being upset that they didn't get a cut of the action. That state is full of corruption, but the mafia that is their government is better than the real mob for trying to get its way.

Now that is intersting. I guess if the viewing public can forgive the thuggery in Football and Basketball, what's a little illegal betting?

Jose - I cannot believe that a guy going bald is now an issue. Hey Jose, just shave your mane I guess.

Haha... well, he does look like a very suave guy who gets a lot of attention from the ladies. I guess I would be concerned as well
      Time to grow up.

Comment

Working...
      X