No announcement yet.

Epcor's 24-hectare river valley solar farm plan faces stiff opposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postmedia opinion columns aren't worth the electrons wasted linking to them.

I'll just state that Alberta Environment & Parks has weighed in & advised there's no wildlife, migratory bird, EPEA or water approvals required, under the same government that wrote the Wildlife Directive cited.
    Last edited by noodle; 10-07-2019, 12:32 PM. Reason: My mistake, three articles KC posted are postmedia opinion trash.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• City refusal to release impact review of Epcor solar farm leaves conservation group frustrated | Edmonton Journal

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...oup-frustrated

Edmonton council puts river valley solar farm proposal on hold | CBC News

“While Epcor owns the land adjacent to the water treatment plant, the land is currently zoned as a metropolitan recreation and environmental protection zone. The company had requested the zoning be changed to a "direct development control provision" to permit the development of a utility service.
      Under that provision, the city would retain some control of what the final development would look like, including provisions for landscaping and fencing.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rred-1.5182494

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
        Postmedia opinion columns aren't worth the electrons wasted linking to them.

I'll just state that Alberta Environment & Parks has weighed in & advised there's no wildlife, migratory bird, EPEA or water approvals required, under the same government that wrote the Wildlife Directive cited.
        Regarding opinions, ours here in c2e are worthless as well. The project is what it is and will be decided by people with zero interest in our opinions and suggestions. They have their echo chamber and we have ours. Here the broad opinions are often uneducated and the narrow opinions, while often educated, seem to lack the multidisciplinary capacity to be broad.

Comment

Working...
        X