End of the World | Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be thankful.

If it had been done during a boom economy, it would have cost 6 million.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Moreover, it really is a case of putting lipstick on a pig. We need more of this thinking.

As one of my favourite quotes goes: If you have a skeleton in your closet, you might as well teach it to dance.

Comment

Looks very uh, functional. Sort of like a dog run. Another opportunity to do something special is lost.

Comment

Would always be nice to go beyond the basics but like what?

Also the view is the prime attraction.

Comment

A funicular? A first for our city...

Just like the other three.
            Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-12-2018, 03:56 PM.
            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
              5 million $1.5 million would have been better spent on the Cold War Bunker. Now that was the possible End of the World.Better yet, spend that money on a truly spectacular view of the Gondola Project. The seed money to allow the private development of a needed urban transit project. Where is the common sense?
              Now that's something I could get behind. Open the Cold War bunker as a tourist attraction. That's a cool piece of Edmonton history that could be put to good use.

Comment

Revamped ‘End of the World’ lookout officially reopens in Edmonton

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

From what I glimpsed on the news tonight, it looks like they've done a tidy job on it.
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Looked really good on the news last night.

Comment

I've seen it in person. Definitely well done. Doesn't stop the stoner kids from using it though, but I guess that's the new normal in Canada.
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                        I've seen it in person. Definitely well done. Doesn't stop the stoner kids from using it though, but I guess that's the new normal in Canada.
                        Been a few time now love how it turned out. but they do need to pick up the crap below. Old shopping carts and traffic markers.

Also have ridden my bike below a few time, pretty good trails.

Comment

Working...
                        X