Small creek in Govt. House park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small creek in Govt. House park

When walking west in this park, well before it becomes McKinnon Ravine park, you will find a small creek like water flow. Is that coming from any water body up above? Or is that just drain water? The water looks a little brownish, not sure that is just from dissolving mud. Any one noticed this before and know what the source?

The is a couple small ravines that run north of the multiuser trail that follows the river . One of them is usually mostly dry except at the spring run off

Comment

The one I am referring to doesn't follow the river but flows into it.

Comment

There are a number of springs that occur along the banks of the North Saskatchewan... I think the one you are referring to is near government house...

There is a layer of sand and gravel there... ground water is seeping out of it...there are some mineral deposits developed here that are probably iron and manganese rich...

Comment

There were also some springs that were covered when the road was going to go in. One I remember is tied into the outfall as you enter the park. The original bed was in the lower depression and has a parking lot on it now.

Comment

There was a creek that actually formed the Groat Road curved valley
            It was piped (74 Verticle Oval) by the city in the 50's - 60's
            Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
              There was a creek that actually formed the Groat Road curved valley
              It was piped (74 Verticle Oval) by the city in the 50's - 60's
              It was piped in the late 60s because I remember playing at the spring. It did go up the curve of groatr a bit. Thats why there is a depresion there now.

Comment

Working...
              X