Opening of Clareview arena delayed to 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening of Clareview arena delayed to 2014

"In a city where available rinks were already scarce, one has been closed for nearly one year for renovations, while it was supposed to open later this year, it’s not, and some are not impressed.

The Clareview Arena closed for renovations in May, 2012.

The arena stands alongside where a new $100 million recreation centre, school and library will be built – the facility is set to open in early 2014 – the neighbouring arena was originally set to open before the new facility.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/opening-o...2014-1.1210448

Will be nice when this facility opens, as it'll take the presure off other rec centres and rinks

A few friends who live up in that area are very excited to have a new facility at Clareview
    Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

I saw this place 2 days ago when I went to shop at walmart
      Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Well hopefully they get it open asap. I think the city has to really step it up for upgrading or opening new arena's too throughout the remainder of the city. I wonder if there is any room to build a 3rd rink at McCarfaa in Mill woods?
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Would be nice to have some more options for ice time, sooner than later. Starting our games at 11:00pm gets to be rather late when you have to work early the next day.

Comment

This library will be greatly used. It should take a lot of pressure off the Londondery branch in the mall
            youtube.com/BrothersGrim
            facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Next major rec centre will be Bonnie Doon and or Coronation I believe.

They want to close Tipton, Donnan, Oliver and Coronation rinks.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I'm going to miss the old Coronation Arena. I lived blocks away and spent a lot of time there, including intramural hockey at Shep.

Why in the world would we close Oliver?
                aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

I saw an add on the side of the bus saying the Clareview Rec Center will open soon, however I wonder if we should start a pool and pick dates when Clareview, Meadows Rec Center and the NAIT LRT will open. I'm going to pick April 1st 2015.

Comment

The outdoor soccer/football turf field is in use. nice facility so far.

I will go for Feb 15 2015 opening.

Comment

It looks like I will be wrong, they are hiring for jobs for Clareview and Meadows Rec Centers
                      https://edmonton.taleo.net/careersec....ftl?job=19529

Comment

So is the arena/rec center open yet? I do know that the Meadows Rec center is getting close. I hope that the next project is the Bonnie Doon rec center.
                        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Sounds like they are opening at the end of the year
                          https://twitter.com/AdrienneLambCBC/...30775096262656

Adrienne Lamb ‏@AdrienneLambCBC 2h2 hours ago
                          Sneak peak inside this new 100 million $ rec centre + stories from @cbcgareth @HarvCBC & @cbcarch on #yeg #cbc tv now
                          Adrienne Lamb ‏@AdrienneLambCBC 1h1 hour ago
                          @DerekMiron city spokesperson says "just finishing touches now" & that it will open by "the end of 2014"!
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Inside looks absolutely gorgeous. I haven't seen The Meadows, but Clareview is definitely a lot nicer than Terwillegar, Commonwealth, Millenium, Van Vliet etc. The Library in it as well, just dynamite.

Should be the envy of the City, but it's also going to be the best connected to the LRT, so a large part of the City can easily access it.

Great work, ATB, Clarke, EPL, ECSD, and City! Hard to wait for because it's going to be so awesome.
                            Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Drove past there yesterday. It's a pretty neat looking facility.
                              Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X