X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Queen Elizabeth Park

Have Your Say Into the Future of Queen Elizabeth Park
    Dear Stakeholder,
    Just a reminder that this Wednesday night the City of Edmonton is holding an 'idea gathering' public workshop for plans being developed for Queen Elizabeth Park. This is an opportunity for you to share their knowledge and thoughts on the future use of the Park. Your input at this workshop is important to help us create a vision for the park that will attract, captivate and delight park visitors now and into the future.

WORKSHOP #1 – IDEA GATHERING
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012
    6:30 – 8:30 pm
    Old Timers Cabin
    9430 Scona Road

This first public consultation event will be a full two hour facilitated ‘workshop’ where you will be asked to:
    contribute your local knowledge about Queen Elizabeth Park;
    tell us what you value about the park;
    identify what should be preserved or enhanced;
    identify what needs to be changed or improved; and
    identify how you would like to see the park used in the future

We hope that everyone interested in Queen Elizabeth Park will attend this workshop in order to fully participate in the planning process. However, if you wish to be involved but are not able to attend the workshop, an online survey will be available from April 19-May 2 at the project website where you can contribute to the process.

For more information and to sign up for project updates please visit

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...beth-park.aspx

Please forward this email to anyone you think might be interested in this process.

Thank you, and hope to see you there.
    Last edited by IanO; 17-04-2012, 07:58 AM.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

From April 19 to May 2, 2012, you can also complete an online survey.

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...beth-park.aspx

Comment

Top of zipline down to rossdale?

Comment

^This would be a HUUUUUUGE Canada Day attraction. Especially if the waterfall ever runs again.

Could build up a nice tower (for the zipline) right where Queen E Pool used to be. Add in some picnic tables and encourage a food truck or two to park there on weekends.

Aside from July 1st that park is always so dead. I like this idea to bring more life to it. Maybe with a few additional touches like a bike lockup, horse-shoe pits, bocce courts, etc. to go along with the grills and picnic tables that are already there.

Comment

Thoughts on a man-made beach on the Southside of the river down in the Queen E Park 'compound' or whatever? Down on the other side of the hill, close to the new Walterdale Bridge?

Doesn't have to actually interact with the water. Just a spot to set up an umbrella/lawn-chair and enjoy the sand/sun/view. Maybe some beach volleyball?

Comment

Survey is up

http://www.edmonton.ca/attractions_r...park-plan.aspx

Comment

Thanks, Ian, I just filled it out. I mentioned your zipline idea in there.

The park is pretty unremarkable the way it is now, and I think some kind of attraction would help it out.
              They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

^Welcome.

I love the rolling hills of it and the balance between natural and semi natural spaces, but it needs to be developed in conjunction with the new bridge and plan over at rossdale. This entire area could become quite spectacular.

Comment

Update and next meeting

http://www.edmonton.ca/attractions_r...park-plan.aspx

Comment

As a resident within walking distance of there, I just wish they'd leave QE park as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                      Does anyone know what that O'Keefe building is supposed to be now? Was that was a brewery before?
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

its a storage/maintenance shop for the CoE. I believe they store a bunch of old neon signs here?
                        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^^ Originally Bohemian Maid brewery - later Carling O'Keefe.

(hate dating myself like this ... grrr)
                          ... gobsmacked

Comment

I saw some construction happening east of the Queen Elizabeth Park Road/Walterdale Road intersection. Is this for Queen Elizabeth Park redevelopment? Walterdale Bridge replacement? or what?
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Likely site work/geo for the bridge and road-rework

Comment

Working...
                              X