Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton's best burger???

Throw in your favorite or favorites...

-New favorite for me is now Fatburger.(The kingburger is the bomb)
    -Still like the odd burger baron mushroom burger aswell.

Grandma D's BBQ Burger CookHouse.

Absolutely the best. Hands down

163 st, 111ave (right beside Princess Auto)

I was there for lunch today in fact

deeeee-licious
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

deLux is VERY good on 142nd street and 96th Ave. in Crestwood. The owners brother owns a Greek restaurant up in my small town. Great blue cheese burgers to die for!

Comment

Good Topic!

I lived across the street from The Garage Burger Bar for years, and enjoyed their Garlic Mushroom Burger that seems to win SEE mag's best burger every year.

Ironically, the best burger I've had in Edmonton is right next door to the Garage, at Metro Billiards. Their Perfection Burger is unbelievable! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I think it's the char-broiled sirloin, and the combination of both bacon and a slice of ham. Yum!

The two burgers represent two different classic styles. The Garage is the home-style "slider" category of burger. The Metro's is a classic gourmet burger. Remarkably similar variations of this gourmet burger are found in so many different restaurants in town that I suspect it's design originated at NAIT's culinary school.

The Metro is my favourite overall, and they do the best example of a fairly common gourmet burger. I also love the Garage Garlic Mushroom Burger, which is only found there in this particular recipe, as designed by "Chef" Paul.

I haven't tried any of the mini-burgers in town, though I plan to soon.

I'll try them all in my quest to find the perfect burger.
        aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

MMmmmm, the burger at Original Joes is always pretty darn good. Or Gusto Burger in St. Albert, so good.

Comment

If you want the best burger in Alberta you have to drive 30 minutes south to Millet and check out Burger Barn. Mmmmmmm...
            "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

Isn't Delux the restaurant with the billboards everywhere with the ugly anorexic lookin chick trying to eat a burger? Can't figure out how those billboards are supposed to make me want to eat there.
              I do know that the Next Act off of Whyte Ave has very good burgers that they hand make, they would have my vote for #1.

Comment

Mmmm, I third the Garage garlic mushroom burger. Very tasty.

I do miss the burgers from the long lamented but not forgotten Sweetwater Cafe.

Comment

/\ Unfortunately Gusto Burgers is no more.
                  I like Marco's on Whyte and by Grant McEwan.

Comment

Garage burger is the best to me.. the dana burger is amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chupa View Post
                      Throw in your favorite or favorites...

-New favorite for me is now Fatburger.(The kingburger is the bomb)
                      -Still like the odd burger baron mushroom burger aswell.
                      i cant believe no one mentioned Red Robin. hands down the best in Edmonton, if not Canada. the variety of their burgers alone should give them the title of the best of the best.

Comment

I'm not sure if the larger chains should be included, but for me, the best chain burger is the A&W burger. I especially like the Papa Burger, though the Mozza burger is also damn good. There's something about the spice in the burger itself that sets it apart.

Burger Baron is a close second for me -- delicious sauce!
                        Last edited by davidnorwoodink; 25-04-2008, 09:14 AM.
                        Almost always open to debate...

Comment

Originally posted by davidnorwoodink View Post
                          I'm not sure if the larger chains should be included, but for me, the best chain burger is the A&W burger. I especially like the Papa Burger
                          I'll second that, A&W Papa Burger. I was a bit disapointed with Fat Burger - wasn't that great, and seemed overpriced to me (nice experience though, "fat burger, fat burger...".)

Comment

Pete's Drive Thru in Calgary.

Hah, kidding. Totally kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by missmarble View Post
                              I do miss the burgers from the long lamented but not forgotten Sweetwater Cafe.
                              The sweetwater was replaced by the Urban Diner, and they make a pretty tasty burger too (although it was tastier when they used to offer it with blue cheese).

Comment

Working...
                              X