Best coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best coffee?

Who can you always count on for a great coffee?
    This is a multiple choice poll.
    Tim Hortons
    20.35%
    Timothys
    0.88%
    Starbucks
    10.62%
    Second Cup
    13.27%
    Caffe Sorrentino
    8.85%
    Axis
    7.08%
    DaCapo
    6.19%
    Leva
    7.08%
    Tesoro
    1.77%
    other (please specify)
    23.89%
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Axis Cafe on Jasper is my favourite in town....mmm...so good. Great atmosphere too.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

I normally drink Java Jive. It's pretty much the only place on campus that I can get a dark coffee. Basically, if you only have one bland flavour I don't want it.

The darkest you have please. No sugar. No cream. Is that pot left over from yesterday, even better.

Comment

I like both Tim's and Starbucks - depends on the day and how much cash I have on me. As for tea, the best tea place in town is The Tea Place. http://theteaplace.ca/ Love their bubble teas and their flatbread sandwiches are great!

Comment

Originally posted by connie View Post
          I like both Tim's and Starbucks - depends on the day and how much cash I have on me. As for tea, the best tea place in town is The Tea Place. http://theteaplace.ca/ Love their bubble teas and their flatbread sandwiches are great!
          lol at that site not supporting IE, thats something you dont see everyday.
          be offended! figure out why later...

Comment

Personally, the only thing I care about is the caffeine. Wherever it's cheap and doesn't taste like you know what...
            Originally posted by richardW View Post
            lol at that site not supporting IE, thats something you dont see everyday.
            I'd call this forward thinking. We must convince the corporate world to make the switch as well. My experience with IE is that it has been very clunky. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that it tries to do too much and suffers in the performance area where it matters most.

Comment

Caffe Artigiano in Vancouver and now in Calgary has the best unfortunately it is not here.

Also Inteligentsia in Chicago is very good too!

Here my pick is Sorrentinos

And of course nothing beats kona coffee which is very hard to get here (and its providence is questionable), but I do not mind a trip to the Islands for a fix
              Last edited by kona; 15-04-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Tim Hortons coffee has got a nice blend and texture to it, my preference, although I usually stop off at Timothy's at TD Tower in the morning, simply because of location and having a 1/2 flavour and regular strength. Starbucks I find is very srong, too strong in some ways. Sorrentino's I have not tried, nor some others mentioned, but I do like my morning coffee, kind of a ritualistic thing to congratulate myself for arriving downtown after getting my sorry *** out of bed so early.

Comment

I prefer tea over coffee.
                  Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

I've enjoyed Axis and Cafe Sorrentinos in the mall.

Three Bananas is a main place for me. I'm definitely becoming a regular there, heh.
                    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

Comment

I always enjoy second cup, two reasons the flavour of my drink of choice is consistanly good and their line-ups are nothing ridiculous like TH. So it's in and out, just the way it should be.
                      Edmontonian and proud of it!

Comment

Caffe Sorrentino is awesome!! Espresso and Lattes the way they should be (not BURNT!!) are you listening Second Cup & Starbucks???

Comment

Three Banana Cafe is the regular weekday spot for me. Very nice staff and great food. There is also a coffee shop in the strip mall on 50 street and 106 Avenue that is very good. Good places to go for lunch.

Comment

3 Bananas, Bistro Praha

I love the coffee at Bistro Praha. It's #1 on my list. A close second would be the 3 Bananas in Churchill Square. I went there with the cleanup crew on Sundays, and the coffee was great! He does the best designs on the top of latte's too!

Third is a tie between Tim Hortons and Second Cup.
                            aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Comment

Anyone remember Grabbajabba? Wow, that's going back a few years.

But I'm not much into coffee that sounds like Italian Tenor's, so I like smaller coffee shops. The Nisku truck stop makes excellent coffee, and is open 24 hours. That's where my wife and I frequent if we just want to sit down and have a nice relaxing talk.
                              Last edited by finishstrong; 16-04-2008, 11:19 AM.
                              Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X