No announcement yet.

Best Soup In Edmonton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have to take back my submission for Wicked Thai at Press'd. They changed the name and recipe but isn't quite as good anymore.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Bbq pork wonton noodle at garden bakery

Comment

Originally posted by ispec View Post
        anyone tried Pho King? if so, any recommendations?
        one of my favourite places for pho, the owners are great people! I moved away from Alberta Avenue recently and I miss this place the most.

Comment

I should never have watched those kitchen nightmare shows, where it turns out restaurants famous for their soups are sometimes just dishing out a can of Campbell's tarted up with some extras.

Comment

Best soups are homemade. Not even close.

Also how could best not include any wild game soups? C'mon people. Normands has this occasionally. Also the Mac on occasion.

Other local cuisine mentions have to include Borscht, which properly done is fantastic.

While were on Canadian classic ethnic traditional soups one can't ignore French Canadian pea soup.

Or any clam chowder.

As with any topic it seems we've gotten away from classics and gone to whatever the current rage is with 20 people posting about Asian noodle soups and nothing else. Kind of sad because as a food I would rather have any of the former than soups loaded with salt and msg.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
              I should never have watched those kitchen nightmare shows, where it turns out restaurants famous for their soups are sometimes just dishing out a can of Campbell's tarted up with some extras.
              Yup, souped-up soup . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                I may have to take back my submission for Wicked Thai at Press'd. They changed the name and recipe but isn't quite as good anymore.
                I take back my take back! They brought back the Wicked Thai a while ago and it's on the menu almost every day.
                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

add chili hot pot to the list

Comment

Working...
                  X