X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class action lawsuits against Bud for watering down beer

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...budweiser.html

Anyone else surprised?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Haha, its been water downed for years, just a bad bad beer .

Comment

Every time I've had the misfortune of drinking Bud, the only thing I could think is that it tastes like water. Calorie water.
      Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

I have friends that drink stuff like that and Canadian or Coors Light regularly, and I just don't get it. It's simply terrible beer. There's a gazillion lagers out there that cost similar and are way better.
        "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

TIL there is more than just water in Bud...
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

American beers is known for more water than alcohol for years , so I'm not surprised by that.
            Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
              American beers is known for more water than alcohol for years , so I'm not surprised by that.
              ALL beers are like that. I shudder to think of a beer which is >50% ABV.

Comment

Beer all mostly tastes the same. The most important feature is the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                  So far from true it's not even close. Beer should be served at the right temperature, but being cold doesn't stop a bad beer from being bad.
                  Last edited by Chmilz; 28-02-2013, 09:04 AM.
                  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

I've never have drank Budweiser but I've heard rumors about their new parent company InBev who have bought up a whole slew of notable breweries and basically used inferior ingredients vs what the original owners used. They are all about market capitalization and making money anyway they can while producing an inferior product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbev

I'm not surprised at this accusation.

Comment

http://www.businessweek.com/printer/...-americas-beer

Comment

Every brand they've bought has been turned to crud. Keith's? It used to almost taste like an IPA, now it tastes like water. Stella? Used to be ok, now it's barf-juice. Hoegaarden? I remember when it had flavour.

There's not a single beer they make that beats the non-InBev competitor.

Exactly what I'm talking about.
                        Last edited by Chmilz; 28-02-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                          Every brand they've bought has been turned to crud. Keith's? It used to almost taste like an IPA, now it tastes like water.
                          That's because it's not an IPA. I'm not sure it ever was but the company is claiming the name is 'traditional' and they won't change it. Confuses the hell out of visiting Europeans.

http://bgcanary.blogspot.ca/2012/10/...g-company.html

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

As I said, it used to almost taste like one. It tastes like the watered down swill all their beers taste like now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                              Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                              So far from true it's not even close. Beer should be served at the right temperature, but being cold doesn't stop a bad beer from being bad.
                              I'm just not a picky eater (drinker), I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X