No announcement yet.

Edmonton's best South Asian (Indian) food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Punjab sweets and bakery personally...

Buffet and cheap..

I have been to guru and it's nice and wonderful flavours, but to me Indian is pub food just like you find in the uk at so many places.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

I tried the Indian place in the Scotia Place food court, who are affiliated with the Rasoi on 50th restaurant. Not bad for fast food fare, I'd say it's better than the one in Commerce Place.
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Curry fix in commerce is HORRID

Have you tried the South African Indian resto?! It's just off whyte.

It is by far the best place to go for cury... very few cream based dishes.. much lighter and more flavorful I find.

Narayanni's

81% approval rating via urban spoon
        Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 24-08-2012, 02:23 PM.
        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Curry Fix is merely OK, it's good enough for those who eat nothing but butter chicken, which means most non-Indian Edmontonians. They still have lineups at noon, so I don't think they're worried about losing business. But for fast food Indian, I'll be going to the one in Scotia from now on.
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
            Curry Fix is merely OK, it's good enough for those who eat nothing but butter chicken, which means most non-Indian Edmontonians. They still have lineups at noon, so I don't think they're worried about losing business. But for fast food Indian, I'll be going to the one in Scotia from now on.
            I haven't been at the one in Scotia Place yet - seems worthy of a look. Never ate at the one before in ScotiaPlace - but it had some pretty poor reviews.

Have yet to check out Chicken 4 lunch either. Is it worth the hype?

I don't mind CurryFix - decent for lunch hour.

Had Dawaat this week. Fresh ingredients. Seems like they have a large menu - 18 pages.

http://www.daawat.ca/ourmenu.html

Comment

I went into Narayanni's once, but left when I found out the only thing they have is an expensive buffet. There wasn't enough that I wanted to eat to justify the price.
              They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                For Indian take-out fans I'm going off the board a bit and recommending Badass Jack's. (We've only tried the Whitemud Crossing locaton). Even Indian Edmontonians I know who've had their butter chicken or madras chicken Asian boxes agree that they're surprisingly good.

Comment

Some friends were raving to me about Kathir Food Experience - may have to give it a second chance.

http://kathirfoodexperience.webs.com/

Comment

I did a takeout order of Goan Shrimp Curry and white rice from Bistro India last night. Num num! Only one person on the balcony plus 1 occupied table in the dining room, so I hope these guys aren't petering out.

Comment

The lamb kebab wrap at "Y-Not Indian" in the Scotia Place basement food court is legit.

Comment

The King and I. Really tasty

Comment

^tasty, but bland and overpriced.

That said, the Pandoulas chicken is incredible.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Narayannis revamped their buffet prices. Went there Sunday for dinner - $20.

Weekly Vegan Night Tuesdays
                            Every Tuesday / Special $15 per person
                            *children half price does not apply

New buffet prices:
                            Tuesday Vegan Nights: $15
                            Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: $20
                            Friday & Saturday: $25

My favorite so far in this city.. much better than Zaika imo.

Comment

Those are much lower than they used to be. I may check them out now.
                              They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

^^ X 2

Been to Narayanni's probably a dozen times now, and I still think it's the best offering of its kind in the city.
                                Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X