No announcement yet.

Chinese food - any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this thread is pretty much looking for best *western* chinese food for whiteys eh?

Comment

If it means wanting chicken meat to be made from the actual chicken bird, yes
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

All Happy has a great Non Whitie Menu...

ALL HAPPY.. it's open to 4 am!

As you can tell i'm kinda all happy nuts.

Try the peaches and shrimp.
        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

We go to Double Greeting on 96th a lot, bit of a local for us.
          I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

^an Edmonton landmark.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

It's where I go to get my

I wonder if Notley went to Double Greeting?
              I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                If it means wanting chicken meat to be made from the actual chicken bird, yes
                Haha, c'mon.. it's not all dog meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialog View Post
                  We go to Double Greeting on 96th a lot, bit of a local for us.
                  Double Greasy is the best, great value! I always order extra noodle dishes to take home and eat the next day.

Comment

We went to Blue Quill Chinese Food last night and ordered four items to take out. They're located in the Blue Quill shopping centre on Saddleback. Food was excellent, and they don't use M.S.G.
                    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

I forgot about the Mandarin on Whyte Ave, so I tried them again. Not bad at all!
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                        Dan shing on spr
                        Tried them tonight. Very tasty food and friendly staff.

Comment

Tried a couple of Chinatown haunts recently.

All Happy Family - 4 stars out of 5
                          I came away all happy. Thanks for the recommend, EDP

Taipan Cafe - 2 stars out of 5
                          For a place that has 100% Asian patrons, the food I ordered was shockingly mediocre. I must have been given the whitey menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialog View Post
                            It's where I go to get my

I wonder if Notley went to Double Greeting?
                            Bob The Angry Flower...classic Edmonton cartoon!!!
                            Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Comment

Originally posted by 24karat View Post
                              Food was excellent, and they don't use M.S.G.
                              How could you tell? I am skeptical when resturants write this.

Its funny how paranoid people are about MSG - McDonalds for example uses it (true, not really an endorsment). Spoon for spoon, salt is far worse for you than MSG, its basically just fear of something not used to, if umami was so bad, the Japanese wouldn't have the long life spans they have.

Why do so many Americans, even very well-educated ones, still believe that MSG is bad for our health? It is an urban myth that it causes allergic reactions. Many studies from around the world have proven that MSG is no more harmful to our health than plain salt, yet the urban myth in the US continues. (Read Wikipedia entry on MSG ») In fact, in large quantities, salt is more harmful to our health than MSG is. When restaurants don’t use MSG, they just put more salt which is worse. I think it’s just because the name “monosodium glutamate” sounds too scary. If we called salt by its chemical name, I think the same thing would happen: “Would you like some sodium chloride on your French fries?”
                              http://alllooksame.com/?p=696
                              Last edited by moahunter; 24-09-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Pear River on 99th. Street and 47 Ave.

Very tasty, professional service with linens beyond reproach.

Comment

Working...
                                X