Chinese food - any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AqibS View Post
    I'll throw in my personal favourite, Pearl River (4728 - 99 street) for consistently delicious Chinese food. It doesn't get that much hype, but their Schezuan beef is the best I've had in this city and you really can't go wrong with anything on their menu... highly recommended.
    Agree 100%. Pearl River Beef dish = best meal in the city!

Comment

Originally posted by timeout View Post
      Originally posted by Legacy View Post
      Originally posted by timeout View Post
      .. just pass the msg anyway.
      Indeed. How much MSG do they use in their cooking?
      i think most of the chinese and japanese restaurants use MSG.

i have no idea for Urban China's food since i didn't try it yet.
      The joke... you missed it.

Comment

lol, i got it now.

Comment

Any updated recommendations? It's been a long while since I've had my hot & sour soup fix. Up until last year I was ordering my Asian fare from Buddy Won Ton on Calgary Trail, but last time I did, their chicken dish did not look or taste like chicken!
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Cha for Tea on SPR and roughly 174 St.

Comment

Dan shing on spr

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

All Happy!
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Good Buddy, on the south side of 23 Ave. at Century Park always seems full of Chinese people, so maybe that's a good indicator of a decent restaurant. I've been in there a couple of times, but found it less than spectacular. Nothing dreadful, just very ordinary.
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Beijing Beijing is good for dinner (haven't tried lunch). A bit more expensive, but imho also a cut above most Chinese restaurants in Edmonton.

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                      All Happy!
                      I did a quick google...is this place called "All Happy Family"?
                      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

All happy and all happy family are one and the same

Comment

Really - that's the name of the restaurant? Do they have this song playing in a continuous loop? If not, they should:

Comment

All Happy Family Restaurant

BEST Chinese in town!! Say hi to Whinnie. She just had a baby
                            "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                              Any updated recommendations? It's been a long while since I've had my hot & sour soup fix. Up until last year I was ordering my Asian fare from Buddy Won Ton on Calgary Trail, but last time I did, their chicken dish did not look or taste like chicken!
                              I like the hot an sour at Pearl River and the one at Golden Rice Bowl isn't too bad. Both places serve an excellent Peking Duck. If you like hot and spicy soup, try the Korean soup at the Ginseng Restaurant; in fact, go to the nightly Korean BBQ buffet and have as much soup and other goodies as you want. Terrific meat to BBQ at the table plus much else.
                              Last edited by Curmudgeon; 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Sai Woo on 97st used to be good.

Spicy Kitchen on 97st in the Pacific Rim mall is consistently good with a great menu.

Comment

Working...
                                X