Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dream of their hot n sour soup
    Best in the city
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

A friend of mine recently opened Tasty Choice around the corner from Cora's in the south side. Good selection of quick eats, BBT (bubble tea), and crepes.

Their pork bone noodle soup is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
        I dream of their hot n sour soup
        Best in the city
        I judge the quality of Chinese restaurants by their hot & sour soup. Mandarin's is quite good - one individual bowl wasn't enough!
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Another place for Szechuan style food is Spice Kitchen on 104 Ave.
          http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/131/9032...tchen-Edmonton
          Personally, I like Spicy Garden on 97 St a lot too !

Comment

All Happy rocks my Chinese food world
            "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

I was at Good Buddy near Century Park for dinner - I mainly went because of an Aeroplan points special. Good food, friendly and efficient staff and about 90% Chinese patrons. HUGE menu too.

http://www.goodbuddy.ca/

Question: I thought there was a north side location?
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^I think they have a location in Northgate.
                "A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JOA View Post
                  You mean a food court kiosk like the one in City Centre Mall? Or an actual sit-down restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                    You mean a food court kiosk like the one in City Centre Mall? Or an actual sit-down restaurant?
                    Sir, I doubly assure you, you will not be disappointed by the Lingnan. They have 2 *Canadian dishes* on their takeout menu (I don't think they have it for sit down customers, at least not that I remember seeing on their menu). That said, I highly recommend you at least once have the sitdown experience at the Lingnan. They have their own brand of beer, nice authentic atmosphere and well kept, clean and interesting decor. If you get to meet Amy, shes wonderful and engaging although it can be hard to get a few minutes of her time between the numerous customers who she wants to say hi to and talk to for a couple minutes, and the work she has to do behind the scenes. I've met her a few times and consider her to be practically family. She usually calls me nephew And I feel certain you will not be disappointed by the food. It's top notch. Hint: Hot and dry spicy chicken. It's not super hot for us with nuclear resistant mouths and stomachs, but the flavour is absolutely unmatched, in my opinion.
                    Last edited by magu2k; 05-07-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I've tried Lingnan - bland and overrated. It's OK if you still like the North American style, I prefer the more authentic fare with some heat.

Comment

I'm not sure, I'm going by the sign I've seen on the back of the building.
                        "A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I've tried Lingnan - bland and overrated. It's OK if you still like the North American style, I prefer the more authentic fare with some heat.
                          Depends on what you order. Their Szechuan is not the hottest, but it is better than any I've had anywhere in the city.

My kids like Cantonese, so we don't order a lot of hot and spicy dishes.

Comment

It is an actual sit down restaurant. Good food. I've been there many times.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what dishes represent more authentic fare for you?
                              Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

I was at Good Buddy near Century Park for dinner - I mainly went because of an Aeroplan points special. Good food, friendly and efficient staff and about 90% Chinese patrons. HUGE menu too.

http://www.goodbuddy.ca/

Question: I thought there was a north side location?
                                I quite enjoy Good Buddy...I remember dining in at Good Buddy near Northgate (9499 137 Ave NW ) about a couple years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X