• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• great looking patio

Comment

• If we had a contest for patio that adds the most to our sidewalk scene - this one would get my vote hands down.

On a sunny day, I actually go out of my way to walk past it.
        ... gobsmacked

Comment

• I'd love to see starbucks put bistro sets along that west side as well as their other little patio.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Wow, that adds a ton of character to that street. Well done.
            "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Unlike the AHS building to the west... absolutely brutal on the south building.

Comment

• Yes, they've had a vacant room on the main floor facing the street that should converted to retail or a cafe.
                Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanO View Post

I did walk past that patio on my way to Corona station and I like the patio there.
                  Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

• Minor patio permit for Starbucks next door:

Job No 141811838-001: To develop a Minor Sidewalk Cafe as an accessory use to an existing Specialty Food Service (Starbucks, 8 seats - 281.6 sq.ft/26.16 sq.m. of public space).
                    10640 - 100 AVENUE NW
                    Plan 0724911 Blk 6 Lot 52A
                    JOHN E. GUSTAVSON ARCHITECT
                    www.decl.org

Comment

• Awesome. They heard my idea.

Comment

• so sorry Ian
                        Once published any personal ideas become the property of C2E collective
                        Resistance is futile
                        Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

• The Sobey's Urban Fresh on Jasper and 104 street has an elevated, empty stretch of concrete surrounded by fence, next to garage roll up doors. The whole thing screams Cafe patio, like at the Sobey's at College Plaza on far west Whyte; does anyone know why the Jasper Ave one never set up something similar? It would seem to be a Sobeys Cafe would be a nice addition to 104 street.

Comment

• ^ They used to have a functioning patio with the open garage doors there for the first couple of years or so...but I think too many shoplifting incidents kiboshed that.
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• ^yes and the angle of the sun was apparently creating spoiling issues with the fruits/veggies... ie climate control.

Comment

• Why couldn't Sobeys have kept the doors closed, but left the tables and chairs on the patio and opened a passageway in the fence next to the main entrance? People could still sit and eat after buying something inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X