Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feepa
    Originally posted by kcantor
    ps - the mac's patio was open this week - or least it still was on wednesday afternoon.
    the mac's patio? On 113or114 and jasper ave? You mean the curb of the sidewalk where the bums sit and ask you for change, and if you don't provide change, they threaten to do physical harm to you or your vehicle?
    sorry, i was referencing the hotel macdonald and didn't think it would be confused. first time i've been wrong this week ... probably won't be the last.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey
      Originally posted by LindseyT
      I ate on the patio of the Burger Bar and Grill saturday night. Not the best area to sit outside, but couldn't let what might be the last warm weekend slip away. awesome food btw
      Where's this place?
      106 street and 103 ave?....I think. The building directly south of Metro...used to be an old garage.

Comment

Ah ha, I thought so...except it's called The Garage.
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

whoops. The garage burger bar and grill.

Comment

i love how we could have had another month of patio season....maybe more, but no....this is DEADMONTON

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

We could use patio heaters, but then the Kyoto guilt would kill the buzz.
              City Centre Airport is to the sky as False Creek is to the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO
                i love how we could have had another month of patio season....maybe more, but no....this is DEADMONTON
                I recall that the downtown Ceili's location in Calgary has a rooftop patio that is heated in winter. Anything similar around these here parts?

A novelty for sure.

Uhh, a bit of a sore spot for the environmental movement though...

Comment

patios could be open at least a month or two more in this city and designed right open most of the year with wind blocks and heaters.

i just dont understand why we do not take full advantage of patios...it is absolutely ridiculous.

in most cities, yes winter cities, you see ten times the number.

Comment

IanO

Simple answer.

Edmonton historically does not look past its own borders and thinks that winter is 10 months of the year.

This "big Vegriville" needs to grow up.
                    President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
                      IanO

Simple answer.

Edmonton historically does not look past its own borders and thinks that winter is 10 months of the year.

This "big Vegriville" needs to grow up.

grow up...give up and try again. Oh wait...that is more of what im beginning to think. I love this city and am here because i think it can be far more than it is...but every time i see progress, i see the same mistakes happening over and over.

Comment

yup
                        President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Ian, is the new lounge you previously hinted that you were researching going to have a patio?

Comment

Originally posted by luxbeauty
                            Ian, is the new lounge you previously hinted that you were researching going to have a patio?
                            you betcha...even if i have to close streets

Comment

I was thankful to be able to enjoy the sunshine on the patio of the Second Cup on Jasper and 112 this past weekend. The cool autumn breezes were blocked by the building structure and kept the patio warm and sunny. The only thing spoiling the ambiance were the wasps that came out to pester us.
                              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I thought that I would resurrect this thread as I needed to rant about the past few days. It has been +17 to +27 the past week and will be the same for the next few days, but trying to find an open patio is harder than getting season tickets to the oilers.

Last night we called around to many of the patio places downtown last night and almost all of them were "closed for the season"......

We ended up at Sherlock's on RHW and the entire street had patios open...But outside of that everyone else closed up shop?

When I lived in Vancouver i would sit on covered and space heated patios in +2 in the middle of january in rain.

But no... once we get past Sept 3rd we may as well close up until July 1/09?

I simply cannot understand this city and many of its businesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X