Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant Patio Discussion

Ok....so here i go...

I cannot understand why more places DO NOT HAVE THEIR PATIOS either setup or open.

Free press bistro is my main target.

"we havent had time to go buy furniture yet"

what the hell you been doing all winter then?

I cannot believe more places first of all dont have patios, second of all dont have them setup and getting the word out.

EDMONTON, why oh why can you NOT HAVE MORE PATIOS!

oh, my other beef is with LA TAPA....your 2pm-5pm siesta makes 4pm drinks on a friday NOT POSSIBLE. I was there last week and there must have been 15 people come and leave cause you were closed....

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Yep, I certainly do not understand La TAPA's hours...
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

When in doubt....just blame it on the labour shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
        Yep, I certainly do not understand La TAPA's hours...
        Their hours are somewhat interesting but their Potatoes Aiello makes it worthwhile!

Comment

Labour Shortage.

Comment

nope..they have done this as far back as i can recall

Comment

These hours were the same when that location was La Veranda...a whole bunch of years ago!

None of the patios on RHW were overly busy this afternoon...perhaps a little too warm or perhaps allergy sufferers (like me!) are staying inside to avoid all the poplar fuzz?

Comment

i have to say im beginning to think Edmontonians are boring, lifeless, people...

Comment

Originally posted by IanO
                  i have to say im beginning to think Edmontonians are boring, lifeless, people...
                  or people who have too much on their plate to skip out Friday afternoons regardless of the colour of their collar...
                  or people who have options or choices a bit broader than buying a drink on someone else's patio...
                  IanO, you have to learn to be little less judgemental of - and quick to judge - those who do not want everything exactly the way you do. That's what makes us different and makes life stimulating. It doesn't make us - or you - wrong or boring or lifeless people.
                  "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Originally posted by kcantor
                    or people who have too much on their plate to skip out Friday afternoons regardless of the colour of their collar...
                    or people who have options or choices a bit broader than buying a drink on someone else's patio...
                    IanO, you have to learn to be little less judgemental of - and quick to judge - those who do not want everything exactly the way you do. That's what makes us different and makes life stimulating. It doesn't make us - or you - wrong or boring or lifeless people.
                    it isnt the 1st time ive felt this way Ken...i walk around downtown a lot...and i cannot get over how many condos/apartments there are and barely anyone on the street, patroning local watering holes or food shops...sitting back on a bench.

This happens daytime, nightime, weekend, weekday...

I honestly feel like Edmonton maintains the "deadmonton" stereotype by not taking advantage of things to do outside.

We all complain about how long winters are...well its +26 and sun out...but patios 1/2 full.

perhaps my view is becoming the glass is half empty...

Comment

Heck yeah Edmonton needs more patios!! Sidewalk, rooftop, courtyard, whatever.

Comment

I've actually entertained the idea of becoming a patio consultant, going around to dif bars and restaurants with designs of their patio potential.

A few handrails partitioning of a segment of the parking lot does not a patio make. Think Secret Garden, people. Abundance of flower pots and high walls to block out the traffic.

The biggest shame is that the existing patios seem to have been relegated to the smokers. Think Suede lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by luxbeauty
                          I've actually entertained the idea of becoming a patio consultant, going around to dif bars and restaurants with designs of their patio potential.

A few handrails partitioning of a segment of the parking lot does not a patio make. Think Secret Garden, people. Abundance of flower pots and high walls to block out the traffic.

The biggest shame is that the existing patios seem to have been relegated to the smokers. Think Suede lounge.
                          now thats a business idea!

i just wish the city would allow businesses to take over 5' of space directly in front of their business for patios./

Comment

i just wish the city would allow businesses to take over 5' of space directly in front of their business for patios./
                            ITA. I asked this before: isn't there some sort of strange bylaw that doesn't allow sidewalk tables? The same bylaw that is preventing the patio explosion?

Comment

Originally posted by luxbeauty
                              ITA. I asked this before: isn't there some sort of strange bylaw that doesn't allow sidewalk tables? The same bylaw that is preventing the patio explosion?
                              something along that ridiculously stupid lines

Comment

Working...
                              X