This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony's Pizza Palace

Good pizza, hand tossed while you watch and authentic italian atmosphere ( Okay, it feels a bit like being on the Soprano's )

http://www.tonyspizzapalace.com/index1.htm

Joey's World Grill (?)

In South Edmonton Common. Yes it's a chain restaurant. But the food is good, service ( once you get past the line up to get in ) fine and the people nice to look at.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet - Sorrentino's Downtown

This is a fancy high class restaurant that serves good food ( amazing how many places forget it's about the food ) and doesn't discriminate. You can be wearing a suit and tie, taking you mother for her birthday, or be a high school kid on a "big date" and you will get treated well no matter what. There is a decent budget range fro $12 pasta dishes to $36 bison. There are a lot of people with money and power that eat here, have their own wine locker even... but that don't flaunt it. No pretension, I like that.

Again if it hasn't been mentioned, and is still there - Dadeo's on whyte ave -108st

It's kind of a funky little diner done in Atomic - Southern decor. Cajun inspired food. Not a culinary Mecca, but a fun place to eat none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph60
      Red Ox Inn is the best place in town for a classy romantic dinner, it never fails to impress!
      The
      Best
      Food
      Ever

But you have to make reservations, the place only seats about 20. The seats are hard as a rock, so don't plan on lingering.

But you don't go to the Red ox for the decor, or the chairs, you go for the food...

Comment

Has anybody been to Bravo Bistro lately? I was there a couple weeks ago and the had changed their menue from the last time I was their which was last summer. They used to have some decently priced options like roasted beef sandwiches and deep fried spare ribs. Now it's just 20+ dollar plates.

I hope they go back to the old menue for patio season.

Comment

Ahh Matahari, love that place!

Edmonton is really blessed with some great restaurants, although I miss Sheckys on the southside, what happened!??!

Comment

Some Old Strathcona offerings:

Sam Wok - tiny no-frills noodle house in Old Strathcona, beside the Blockbuster Video. Great for simple and inexpensive, yet filling, noodle house dishes, even late night on weekends.

Padthai - Whyte Ave, the old Breadstick Cafe location. Fancy Thai food that's not quite "the King and I" but comes remarkably close. Inexpensive lunch menu with different curries and things. Owned and operated by the family of a co-worker of mine.

Pub 1905 - Canadian themed pub/restaurant at the old Ritchie Mill Restaurant location. Great food with inventive names, large portions, lovely patio, and half-price ($5) mussels platter on Tuesdays.

New Asian Village - on Saskatchewan Drive. Great Indian food buffet on Sundays and Wednesdays, tasty cold desserts, and chai to die for.

Comment

It's All Greek to Me - Rice Howard Way. My wife and I always order the appetizer platter when we go to a Greek restaurant. Theirs is as good as any and is more than enough food for two for $30.

Padamanadi - 97St near 106Av. Great place to go with a vegetarian. The "chicken" curry is excellent. You might notice that the "chicken" is fake, but you won't care.

Comment

Here's a website where local armchair restaurant critics can read and post reviews:

http://www.itry.ca/EDMONTON/RESTAURANTS/
                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Wasabi - 5714 111 Street - 433-0533

The best Japanese food in the city! It is small, though (family run - Sushi chef from Japan), so reserve if you're going on a weekend.

There's also a new Turkish restaurant off 124 Street (Inglewood - in the same area as the Pyrogy House that burned down) that friends have raved about. I haven't been there yet, because it's not close to my end of town. I'll try to track down the name.

Comment

Add Kabsa, The Divine Dish to the must-try list.

In a nutshell, it's a Middle-Eastern fast food place. Although you can get your meal to go, the comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, the bright modern decor and the view of Jasper Ave (~ 103/104 St) are great reasons to stay. The fellow behind the counter is friendly and gracious. The food is divine. Cost is about $10 - $12 for dinner, a few bucks less at lunch time.
                    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey
                      Here's a website where local armchair restaurant critics can read and post reviews:

http://www.itry.ca/EDMONTON/RESTAURANTS/
                      Best restaurant website for Edmonton! I use it frequently. (needs a better domain name though...)
                      Shameless Urbanophile

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
                        Sankyu RULES!!!!

Pico Lino on 142 and ~91 avenue (near the IGA) is an AWESOME out of the way Italian spot.
                        My favorite Italian in the city! (Although I hear Tasty Tomato is pretty good.)

Sugar Bowl Right beside the High Level Diner on 88th ave. and 109th St. First time there this Sunday, and I fell in love with the place. The Lamb Burger with goat's feta was awesome, as was the Mango Salsa as an app. Great urban feel, young crowd. (lots of Uni students)

Lux Steakhouse & Bar 101 and 101. I used to work here, so I am a little bias. However, they make a great steak and some really good sides. My favorite would be the strip-loin with a side of Paul's potatoes au gratin. Pricy at times, but well worth it.

Pita the Great Southside, 34th and just east of Gateway Blvd. My hunt for Lebanese takeout led me here 2 months ago. A little out of the way, but very tasty food. Any other Lebanese suggestions?

Pub 1905 IanO, you are right. Some of the best hot-dogs in the city. Lots of other good eats as well.

Three Bananas Cafe Always a favorite. Pizza, Paninis, great coffee.... and they are licensed, so they have great after Winspear and Citadel potential!
                        Shameless Urbanophile

Comment

Furosato 10012 82 Ave NW
                          A decent portion of delicious Japanese food for a reasonable price. The place is very cozy and because it always seems to be serving people at maxium capacity, you'll likely be waiting for a table in a long line up if you go for supper after 6:30.

Tropika 6004 104 St NW
                          Malaysian/Chinese cuisine. If you love the spice and oriental variety, go here. A wonderful place to pick up satays and have curry or laksa for lunch.

Now, can anyone tell me a good place to go for dim sum (aside from the Golden Rice Bowl) where it is not dirty, the service is equal to all races and the prices aren't over the top?[/i]

Comment

Cha for Tea Stony Plain RD & 176 AVE

Clean, good service and GREAT selection. Cha means dim sum and this place gets it. Dim Sum is quite a speciality and Cha has the special chefs for Dim Sum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse
                              Furosato 10012 82 Ave NW
                              A decent portion of delicious Japanese food for a reasonable price. The place is very cozy and because it always seems to be serving people at maxium capacity, you'll likely be waiting for a table in a long line up if you go for supper after 6:30.
                              Guess that's why they can afford to be a closed shop. With the window blinds always closed and next to no sidewalk awareness, I often walk by forgetting that it's there.

Originally posted by Mouse
                              Now, can anyone tell me a good place to go for dim sum (aside from the Golden Rice Bowl) where it is not dirty, the service is equal to all races and the prices aren't over the top?[/i]
                              There is the New Tan Tan on 97 St, just a few steps north of the Hardware Grill.

Comment

Cosmos (Greek restaurant), and The Mustard Canteen are worth checking out. Both are located on 124th Street.
                                Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Working...
                                X