Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco's Kensington location now open.

Comment

Went to southside location yesterday with a buddy, got a dinner for 2 takeout and chowed down on some fried chicken at home.

Probably just about the best fried chicken I've ever had. Tried regular and Sweet & hot, both quite yummy although chicken a little too drowned in sauce as we both agreed upon.

Dinner for 2, after tax and a couple large $3.00 Kimchi's, was about $67.50 so quite expensive... some more fries/sweet fries/onion rings would have been nice or at least a potato salad thrown in. Also got 4 drinks of our choice from the fridge, stuff other than regular soda was nice.

Either way, some damn good fried chicken. My 18 year old daughter tried a piece later and loved it too.
      Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

$67. 50 ! I think Sonny Boy and I will stick with our $3.99 Tuesday meals at the Colonels.
        Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if they screwed up, a 15 pack of regular and sweet & hot is $34.99... so 4 pop and 1 box of "mixed fries" cost an extra $24.00, for $58.99 + tax. Seriously? We should have been given at least another box of fries for that kind of money. Insane.

Comment

^Korean Fried Chicken normally carries some premium (tends to be more an eat in than take out experience), but not by that much. I have been to one in Toronto in North York area, which was sort of dirty but popular with locals, and one in Kensington in Calgary (wow chicken), which is very good (more pricey than regular KFC, but a very classy joint). I like it a lot, not as oily as Kentucky Fried, and more crispy, but there is some premium, so for me its very much a once a year thing or similar.

Comment

I have been to the one on the south side before and never paid that much.

Comment

Seoul Fried Chicken in the former Lee House Strathcona location is open. Their fried chicken is really good, I'd say better than Coco's.

Service is a bit slow though, and there's hardly anything for seating. 4 bar stools by a wall, 4 tables with two chairs each, and a single, six seat table.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                  ^Korean Fried Chicken normally carries some premium (tends to be more an eat in than take out experience), but not by that much. I have been to one in Toronto in North York area, which was sort of dirty but popular with locals, and one in Kensington in Calgary (wow chicken), which is very good (more pricey than regular KFC, but a very classy joint). I like it a lot, not as oily as Kentucky Fried, and more crispy, but there is some premium, so for me its very much a once a year thing or similar.
                  Understood however a $25.00 premium for a box of fries seems a little much. Great chicken though.

Comment

The fried chicken at It' Dog is very good. Wish I lived closer...

Comment

Has the north loacation opened yet? Last I heard still waiting for City permits of some kind?
                      i love lamp

Comment

Originally posted by sdimedru View Post
                        Has the north loacation opened yet? Last I heard still waiting for City permits of some kind?
                        Yes, they opened on Feb 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                          Originally posted by sdimedru View Post
                          Yes, they opened on Feb 1st.
                          Dang I missed that, thanks
                          i love lamp

Comment

Went to Coco's fried chicken today, picked up at 10 pack for $22.49 and again it's the best fried chicken I've ever had.

Comment

229177503-034
                              23-Jan-2018
                              3004 - GRANVILLE DRIVE NW
                              Plan 1322016 Blk A Lot 1

To construct original tenant fit-up to an existing shell building at the Shops of Granville ("Coco Fried Chicken").

COCO FRIED CHICKEN

Comment

I often find these places don't give you good value for the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X