Urbano Pizza Co. - Sabor folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urbano Pizza Co. - Sabor folks

Sabor co-owners Christian Mena and chef Lino Oliviera are opening a new concept called Urbano Pizza Co., located right next door to the popular Latin restaurant in the Boardwalk. The restaurant is set to debut*on April 1 with a quick-service concept for fresh pizzas and salads, featuring locally sourced ingredients. The food will be available inside the 20-seat eatery, and for take-out.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ted-next-door/

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Ahem... Not Latin.

Comment

Awesome! I'm wondering if this type of establishment is a bit premature for the area? Could do great with the office lunch crowd. Maybe the lease came up and they decided it was worth the risk for future rewards when the arena and future residential is complete?
      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Seems like that was implied by the writer.

Comment

I won't be waiting that long.
          Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Instant hit with the arena crowd. And with me frankly - I'll be there all the time.
            www.decl.org

Comment

Awesome!! Love Sabor. Also, Portuguese is Latin.

Comment

Sure, but Sabor has always been advertised as a 'Portuguese' restaurant.

Semantics to a certain degree I suppose.

Comment

Where exactly 'next door' is this going to be? What used to be in the space?
                  "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

Yeah, that's what Top_Dawg is wondering.

Comment

Street view is your friend. Former Herbal Magic space to the north.

Comment

Looking forward to this. Sabor is one of my favs. I haven't been in a couple years now. I need to go back. Also try their new place. Good for them.

Comment

168315344-002
                          17-Apr-2015
                          10310 - 102 AVENUE NW
                          Plan 8622410 Blk 3 Lot A

To construct interior alterations to a restaurant, "Urbano Pizza Company".

ALLENDALE CONSTRUCTION

Comment

Nice little write-up:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...wntown-diners/

Comment

Was looking forward to trying (well, still am), but I'm a bit disappointed they're going loopy on the toppings. (Smoked salmon and hollandaise??) I hope they'll have some options for us pizza traditionalists.
                              “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

Working...
                              X