No announcement yet.

Rocky Mountain Ice House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was on the patio last night, pretty quiet inside, love the fact that you can sit right on Jasper.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

urbanspoon reviews indicate they are on the road to fail
      http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/131/1874...house-Edmonton
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I checked it out again a month ago, I believe on a weekend afternoon. Service was good, as was the food. Or at least the food was decent, which was an improvement over the first time. Otherwise yeah, the place was 90% empty on an otherwise nice sunny weekend. I hope they can make a go of it, but it can be tough to recover from a poor start and reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
          urbanspoon reviews indicate they are on the road to fail
          http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/131/1874...house-Edmonton
          There's really only 3 reviews that are from the last 6 months or so, one of which just screams RACIST a few times. Hard to give it much credibility. Although the lack of reviews is probably an indication not many people are going in the first place, which obviously isn't a good sign.

Comment

Maybe they should advertise? I'm sure it's not helping with the construction next door. However , if they can hang on until that venue opens (Ian, name please?) Rocky Mountain will be fine.

Comment

^The Needle.

Comment

^^ seems a ways off still.

Comment

Construction is ongoing, permits in place.

Comment

Originally posted by PJC View Post
                    Maybe they should advertise?
                    Unfortunately, one of the first things most businesses in trouble do is cut their advertising... it's the most absurd thing, but it happens more than you'd know - I deal with is every day with my clients. Talk about being the master of your own demise. It pains me to watch businesses decline, people lose their jobs, and dreams turn to nightmares because owners are penny wise and pound foolish. If you're gonna go out, at least go out fighting, not giving up.
                    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Ice House posts a ton of bills around, but yes, little 'formal' advertising other than in a few publications.

Comment

The so-so reviews by the Journal and CBC probably hasn't helped. Not sure if the usual foodie bloggers/twitterati have reviewed it.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                        X