No announcement yet.

Carls Jr headed to Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I hope they open already, I would like to go try them out but don't want to make a special trip if they are still closed.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

They opened to the public today, massive lineups ... sigh.

Comment

I've been to Carls Jr in the states. I wouldn't wait in line for it, especially massive lines up. Not sure what the huge appeal is. It will still be available tomorrow.
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Obviously many people disagree. Maybe they have secret sauce.
          Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

We tried the one in Spruce grove, its new (to Edmonton) and thats the draw, the burgers aren't anything special (DQ like) in flavour.

We also suffered from someone with long hair handling the fries (it was almost on top of the batch we got)... Sigh... it kinda killed our appetites.

Would I eat it again? Not sure.

Comment

It's always cool to dine at Carls Jr, Jack in the box, Wimpys, Ruby Tuesdays, Peter Piper, Sonic, Roy Rogers, Sweet Frog or Long John etc etc and pick up a few items at Von's or someplace so when we see them here it's only natural to go and check it out. I feel that way anyway. I'll be checking out CJ on Sunday probably
              Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Yawn. Another "healthy" choice for edmontonians. Just what we need. Oh well, replaced another option of the same genre at least.

Comment

Top_Dawg didn't know you were such a healthy living snob etownboarder.

Here's one for ya.

Yesterday one of Top_Dawg's poodle buddies told him her favorite hangover food is donair poutine.

Top_Dawg just about retched.

Comment

I went to the new west end location on Saturday at 7 pm, the line inside was longer than the drive thru line, so we went to order via drive thru, it took about 15 minutes but I didn't mind the wait. I ordered the "famous star" with cheese, the food was good IMO, I upsized to medium fries and drink for 70 cents and it ended up being too much food. We will go back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Top_Dawg didn't know you were such a healthy living snob etownboarder.

Here's one for ya.

Yesterday one of Top_Dawg's poodle buddies told him her favorite hangover food is donair poutine.

Top_Dawg just about retched.

It's nothing special. Just like every other fast good burger chain. Fat, sugar and salt. Boring... Not to mention artery clogging. No shame in the occasional cheap fast food burger meal, but we all know it's far from a healthy choice.

Comment

• Drove by last night and the drive thru line was packed. The novelty will wear off soon I'm sure but it's a busy place right now.

Comment

• Well I'm going to be stopping by there to give it a try although until they open one up on the southside I won't be visiting there that often.
                          LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• West Side location is open.

Thoughts:

1. They bring your order to your table
                            2. Burgers decent (for fast food variety). Fries - meh.
                            3. Prices definitely ~20-30% higher than those in the States, and lower portion sizes. 'Murica.

Comment

• An old roommate of my wife and I used to live in California and raved about Carl's Jr, so when I saw the one open here in the West End (we're new to the area having always lived downtown or southside) we loaded our little guy up in the stroller and off we went. With all respect to our old roomie, Carl's didn't live up to the hype IMO. As Punjabi above points out, they do indeed bring your order to the table, which is a nice addition. The burgers were alright...taste and style wise to this burger freak they seem to most closely resemble Dairy Queen's burgers, possibly with a touch of Burger King thrown in for good measure. The fries were not that great; bland (and possibly a bit undercooked but that's a minor quibble). Easily the best thing we ordered were the chicken fingers (for our eighteen month old)...you can tell it's actual chicken in those things, unlike, say, McDonald's McNuggets (which is about as 'processed' as you can get!)

And, yeah, the prices were a little steep, especially for fast food. For two combo meals and the chicken fingers the total was almost $30.

Comment

• Job No 174459523-001
                                Description: To construct interior and exterior alterations to an existing Restaurants Use building (new facade, removal of enclosed patio, and new vestibule, no increase in Public Space - reduction in overall gross floor area - Carl's Junior)
                                Plan 4243KS Blk 1 Lot 20
                                Applicant: TRIUMPH CONSTRUCTION & MANAGEMENT INC.
                                Create Date: 6/16/2015 3:50:15 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X