Quick is anything but good.

http://www.connexionfrance.com/-chai...w-article.html

Comment

Originally posted by debos View Post
      Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
      Quick is very good.
      Quick is anything but good.

http://www.connexionfrance.com/-chai...w-article.html
      I can vouch...had quick in Paris and it was not very good. pretty subpar compared to what we get here in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by EscoffierLivesOn View Post
        I just saw the Kate Upton commercial for this chain, so naturally I have to bump this topic.

If the chain ever does come here, I hope it is not somewhere on the southside. I would much prefer for it to be centrally located.
        Well if this chain does come to Edmonton it will be doing as all chains do, it will have a southside, northside, eastside, westside, and downtown location at least.
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
          I'd like the French chain Quick, just for this burger

That Jedi burger looks pretty good - simply for the absence of lettuce and tomato.

American chains have this fixation with lettuce, tomato and this horrible orange product that they call cheese.

When I go to Wendy's, I pull out the lettuce and tomato and eat it as a side salad!

A&W has it right - you can order without the lettuce and tomato without making it a special order.
          BobinEdmonton

Comment

i know this is Vancouver information but holy crap thats a lot of burgers

The country’s first Carl’s Jr. was opened by franchisee Jove Franchise Development Corporation. Jove plans to open and operate four more units in the Okanagan Valley over the next five years. CKE has also signed a multi-unit agreement with franchisee FYP Company who plans to build 25 restaurants in the greater Vancouver area over the next six years.

http://restaurantcentral.ca/CarlsJrexpansionCanada.aspx

Comment

i was looking at this: http://www.ckefranchise.com/canada/a...rritories.html

it shows alberta having some availabilty and grande prarie having none - which must mean there is already one in the works for them and i assume the other parts must have deals signed already - according to the map only BC and alberta seem to be at the stage of having anything going on so far

Comment

carls is going for an aggressive move the next couple of years. They want more than 100 of these in canada in the next bunch of years. Up to 10 in Edmonton (i can't see 10)

Comment

^ Western Canada (and other parts?) are generally underserved for fast food options compared to the U.S. Probably because we're less interested.

Forget the quantity of burgers - 25 pieces of quality land in the Lower Mainland? Unlikely. Maybe Jove is headed to the malls??? Not with Carl's Jr.

Comment

They are also only looking to build A quality stores in Edmonton.

Comment

Depending how agressive they plan on being I can easily see 10 or more locations for the Edmonton area alone.
                      LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Look for them to open within a few months. Done deal. 5+ to open in South side first.

Comment

^Where? South Common? Windermere?

Comment

they are opening in chilliwack - hiring now for that location - look to kijiji for edmonton job listings

Comment

The owner of South Common land also owns a ton of other land. Burger King is planning a 200 store expansion and has already contacted lots of owners, including South Common, to lease at all of their locations. MacDonalds and Carls Jr also have done the same.

Comment

i was looking at the franchise requirements you need something like $3 million for a carls jr franchise - five guys franchise, you only need $500,000 - last time i looked anyway

i guess that why one company has the rights for all the franchises they must have worked out some deal

Comment

Working...
                                X