No announcement yet.

Good Breakfast Places...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Route 99 is way closer to us, and we haven't had any issues with the staff.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

I used to live across the street from it... never cared for the new owners much.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Don't shun me for this, but I like IHOP! As far as chain places go (Albert's, Denny's Smitty's, etc), it's the better of the lot. Every time I've been this location, I've never had an order of over-medium eggs burnt to a crisp, nor had an uncooked pancake, nor had coffee that tastes like ditch water. But go early for the best results, esp on a weekend. If you get the middle-aged blond guy as your waiter, he's awesome.

Now the IHOPs in the Great Satan, on the other hand, are another matter...
        Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 15-10-2013, 09:10 PM.
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

District Cafe just off 109 street and 100th ave has great breafast on Saturdays...waffle sandwiches!

We love going to De Dutch on Jasper ave, we go first thing in the a.m. on weekends, as soon as they open so we can score free meter parking for an hour before 9 am rolls around.

High level Diner is one of my favourites also.

Comment

IHOP and Ricky's are my go-to places, and De Dutch on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
              Don't shun me for this, but I like IHOP! As far as chain places go (Albert's, Denny's Smitty's, etc), it's the better of the lot. Every time I've been this location, I've never had an order of over-medium eggs burnt to a crisp, nor had an uncooked pancake, nor had coffee that tastes like ditch water. But go early for the best results, esp on a weekend. If you get the middle-aged blond guy as your waiter, he's awesome.

Now the IHOPs in the Great Satan, on the other hand, are another matter...
              I like IHOP is the US everywhere - and that has to be 20 different ones I have been to...BUT breakfast for me can by hall a dozen hot off the conveyer belt of just glazed Krispy Creams...and I have many a breakfast of those. Keeps you hyper for a few hours lol.

Comment

I've always been partial to ol' Route 99...as a total vinyl freak the decor in there appeals to me greatly (the food ain't bad, either).

Considering all the praise it's gotten over time, since I actually live out in the West end now I should gather up the family and give Hap's a go one of these days...

I miss the brunch at the Sidetrack Cafe (but then I just miss the Sidetrack!)

Comment

I've been to Barb & Ernie's twice in the last month. Bratwurst for breakfast. Absolutely recommend.
                  "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Went to De Dutch for breaky this morning. Haven't been by there for a very long time. Still busy on a Sunday AM - in fact there was a large lineup at the door by the time I was leaving. Food still good, coffee a bit meh. Anyone know how they're faring on weekdays now?
                    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I took a date to Mill Creek Cafe for brunch yesterday. Hands down the 2nd best eggs benny I've ever had, after Provence Marinaside in Vancouver. Highly recommend.
                      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

NOT the Commodore.
                        I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                          Went to De Dutch for breaky this morning. Haven't been by there for a very long time. Still busy on a Sunday AM - in fact there was a large lineup at the door by the time I was leaving. Food still good, coffee a bit meh. Anyone know how they're faring on weekdays now?
                          If the coffee seemed on the weak side, that's a Dutch preference. But its deceptively full of caffeine
                          www.decl.org

Comment

If you just want a great basic breakfast I sometimes go to the Rosslyn. Pleasant enough setting and the service has always been good.
                            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

^At Canyon Grill? I always forget that place is there. On a related note - the Rosslyn Liquor store has like 800 wines! They need to advertise better, but they're like the Wine & Beyond of the north side, as far as wine selection goes.

Comment

^That's it, Canyon Grill.
                                Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Working...
                                X