Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Guys Burgers

Anyone tried 'em yet?

Burger chain that originated in the DC area. Like In N' Out, a very basic menu but they do have hot dogs. Obama supposedly loves the burgers. Saw a sign for one in Airdrie when I was down in Calgary and wondered if it was the same chain. Apparently it is and they have a location in Sherwood Park and one opening soon in St. Albert.

Its good, I dare say even worth waiting in line for.

Comment

While we are waiting here is their Canadian website....

http://fiveguys.ca/home.aspx
      Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I like, but don't order the full size one (its huge). There is one in Calgary and Airdire.

Comment

Tried them in Medicine Hat last summer and was really impressed. Can't wait to see if they hold up here.

Comment

How are their fries, anybody tried their Cajun fries?
            Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

Weird that Edmonton is the fast food, commercial business, launching pad and we're the last to get a franchise. St. Albert before Edmonton? I didn't think people in St. Albert ate anything as common as a burger. I've had them in states before and they are great. Share the fries!.

Comment

^Perhaps not so odd, it seems that Torontonians have to drive out to Mississauga or Vaughn to get their Five Guys fix.
                Last edited by norwoodguy; 20-02-2011, 12:36 PM. Reason: grammar
                Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

I also find it odd that Sherwood Park has a Fulton Market Burger (the first outside of Ontario, if I remember right).
                  They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by dekeorama View Post
                    Weird that Edmonton is the fast food, commercial business, launching pad and we're the last to get a franchise. St. Albert before Edmonton? I didn't think people in St. Albert ate anything as common as a burger. I've had them in states before and they are great. Share the fries!.
                    I hope they do well in St Al. The McDonalds on the west side of the Trail on that corner is probably one of the worst I have been in as far as service goes.
                    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

5 guys has a sort of "rural" feel to it, so St Alberts a pretty good location for them I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
                        I also find it odd that Sherwood Park has a Fulton Market Burger (the first outside of Ontario, if I remember right).
                        I don't find it odd. Sherwood Park has one of the largest disposable income per capita in Canada. I've always been surprised at the lack of retail and restaurants the are in the sherwood park area, but that has changed a lot in the last 5 years.
                        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I went to a Five Guys in Alexandria, VA (didn't really notice the "rural" feel to it that moahunter mentioned) a couple of years ago while visiting my brother. Pretty damn delicious burger -- unhealthy as hell, of course...
                          “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

^maybe its just the Calgary one? It is done up like a barn, with wood tables, sacks of potatoes, etc. I haven't been to any others, so not sure.

Comment

Theres not one in SP that i'am aware of.

Comment

Working...
                              X