Five Guys Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Yep, just look up the postal code in that address
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I would like to own that franchise location, if the one by IKEA in Calgary is anything to go by, that one is always packed. This will make a mint for the owners. Fatburger will lose quite a bit of business there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
        ^^ Yep, just look up the postal code in that address
        Missed that T6. I'm old. Get off my lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
          unfortunately, you are assuming wrong. This is referring to the South Edmonton Common location.
          I'm just wondering about that because they are listing the Windermere location, SEC locatin and 102st location.
          LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
            Originally posted by Medwards View Post
            unfortunately, you are assuming wrong. This is referring to the South Edmonton Common location.
            I'm just wondering about that because they are listing the Windermere location, SEC locatin and 102st location.
            They do have 3 "coming soon" spots, but both the SEC and the 102nd location have (different) SEC Postal Codes.

Very strange.

Comment

Ate there Friday. I liked it, it was good, not the crazy good but good. I wasn't super hungry but the single patty burger was enough for me, it was lunch for us so two single burgers and splitting an order of fries was enough. And the fries were good too, fresh cut.

One small detail: I liked the decor, it was a refreshing change... but the signs on the wall had been printed on coroplast. I dunno, I couldn't help but think some MDF or even plywood (let the grain show through a bit) would have looked a little less "we're not sure this is going to be open in 6 months" and more on-theme than corrugated plastic.
              I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

I like it there. the burgers are good, but they're quite expensive. Rodeo Burger opened up in Namao center and It's just as good. And cheaper.

Comment

Rodeo Burger is also in the University area too.

Is the SEC (five guys) location now open?
                  A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^ Their website lists the status as still 'Coming Soon '. I was at SEC on Sunday and glanced over at their site and it looks like they should be close to opening. Maybe they are shooting for a May long weekend opening
                    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Junction better than both and even cheaper.

http://www.junctionedmonton.com/
                      Last edited by IanO; 12-04-2012, 08:19 AM.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I prefer Rodeo Burger and their Mexican gig next store better than any of the other chains. Fresh, using quality ingredients without preservatives (making their own relish, unfortunately they don't make their own buns anymore), and thus relatively healthy. LOVE! Mmmmmmm!

Comment

^Burrito Libre. Canadian owned group out of BC too. Started out as a Little Caesars/Pizza Pizza franchise operator and they decided to start their own concepts, and I think they're doing a hell of a job.
                          "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                            ^Burrito Libre. Canadian owned group out of BC too. Started out as a Little Caesars/Pizza Pizza franchise operator and they decided to start their own concepts, and I think they're doing a hell of a job.
                            Agreed. I wish they had a few more locations. I assume they're looking to open more and just being cautious about expanding too quickly.

Comment

on their facebook today:

Five Guys Burgers and Fries
                              6 hours ago
                              Attention Alberta, Canada! Have you heard Five Guys is NOW OPEN in Edmonton?! We’re located at 10161-13th Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6N 0B6.

Comment

^ that's barely in "Edmonton"...

Comment

Working...
                                X