Rumour: Nandos to open up in Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Nandos to open up in Edmonton

Someone close to the situation (i.e. owner of an another Nandos) in Western Canada has indicated a Nandos to open up in Edmonton.

Keep an eye on this rumor. I have absolutely no reason to doubt the authenticity of it.

^ Isn't there one here already?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

No. There is one in Calgary, and a bunch in Vancouver.

Very popular joint internationally. The Brits love it, and rightfully so.

Comment

That would be amazing....one of the best chicken places I have ever eaten at.

Comment

there's one opening in Red Deer as well.
          He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

I'm aware of Church's chicken, not that I've ever eaten in one before but is Nandos anythig like that?
            Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

they've hinted numerous times on twitter.... love it, nothing fancy or glamorous, just good spicy chicken.
              i love lamp

Comment

They've been in Canada since the 90's?.. Always assumed Edmonton had one tucked away somewhere or other, but have never found their selection sufficiently unique to have ever bothered tracking it down. Oh well...
                "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

Comment

For those who are not familiar Nandos specializes in the world famous Portuguese chicken dish known as Peri Peri Chicken... This stuff is amazing!!!

You can actually buy the marinades at most grocery stores in Edmonton already.

Comment

Great news! Hope it Is in a central location or WEM.
                    Portuguese-style roast chicken id still available in the city, a couple of family-run places on 118Ave do it pretty well (check out Popular Bakery).

Comment

Much prefer Tandoori Chicken to Peri Peri. Tandoori offers more flavors, unique spices and succulently prepared chicken than anything prepared as Peri Peri.

The longterm marinating of the Tandoori Chicken (properly done) is what sets it apart and is available in 100's of establishments in Edmonton.

Tried both, Tandoori is so much better.
                      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Nando's website

http://www.nandos.ca/
                        Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Can't wait.. Nandos is excellent.

Comment

Nandos Canada confirms it's coming to Edmonton

https://twitter.com/NandosPeriPeri/s...73530020249600

Also looks like they're hiring:

Jobs Edmonton Canada ‏@NeuvooEdmonton Jul 2 New #job opening at Nandos in #Edmonton - #Assistant #Manager x 2 #jobs http://neuvoo.ca/job.php?id=w4pvga6uvu&source=twitter&lang=en&clien t_id=43&l=Edmonton%2C+Alberta%2C+CA&k=Assistant+Ma nager+x+2 …

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                              Much prefer Tandoori Chicken to Peri Peri. Tandoori offers more flavors, unique spices and succulently prepared chicken than anything prepared as Peri Peri.

The longterm marinating of the Tandoori Chicken (properly done) is what sets it apart and is available in 100's of establishments in Edmonton.

Tried both, Tandoori is so much better.
                              Tandoori chicken however, is not usually available in semi-fast food restaurants.

Different market.

Comment

Working...
                              X