Rumour: Nandos to open up in Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spudly View Post
    Patently un-useful, except to you. Because it's not a revelation that fast food isn't primo healthy. Neither is it that other places serve a wider range of food. So other than revelling in the sound of your own willingly-uninformed voice while you wait to blather on more about the Oilers, what does that contribute? Especially to a thread that's about a completely different restaurant.
    Apparently I'm the only one in the world with any dietary restriction, or with even a modicum of caring what they eat, or that wants options from *food* establishments.

Popeyes is like a caricature of bad junk food. A meme in how bad dietary options could possibly get and always in the running when such things get discussed.

Nandos at least has an attractive wide ranging menu of options catering better to those that happen to go to the establishments and even allowing tag alongs to be able to order something on the menu that would be suitable for them. Too bad Nandos opted out.
    Last edited by Replacement; 04-01-2017, 01:33 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
      Apparently I'm the only one in the world with any dietary restriction, or with even a modicum of caring what they eat, or that wants options from *food* establishments.
      I've long given up on the vast majority of Edmonton's food scene, given the dearth of vegetarian/vegan options at most places. (One token entrée & appetizer is not an "option", imho) There's very few joints in town that cater to both veggies & omnivores and it can be challenging to get the "meat & potatoes" set into a purely-vegetarian establishment. I'm grateful for places like the Buckingham on Whyte & Padmanadi for when it's just me & the wife and/or my vegetarian friends.
      Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

^^Very apparently, since you seem to want to go on about it... Keep chokin' that chicken!
        I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

^^Maybe http://www.vofa.ca/diners-guide/ or https://www.happycow.net/north_ameri...erta/edmonton/ will help?

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
            Originally posted by Replacement View Post
            I've long given up on the vast majority of Edmonton's food scene, given the dearth of vegetarian/vegan options at most places. (One token entrée & appetizer is not an "option", imho) There's very few joints in town that cater to both veggies & omnivores and it can be challenging to get the "meat & potatoes" set into a purely-vegetarian establishment. I'm grateful for places like the Buckingham on Whyte & Padmanadi for when it's just me & the wife and/or my vegetarian friends.
            Agreed. My wife likes to eat out more than I do and so I accommodate, also with friends. but its harder and harder to find reasonable food options out there when more and more junk chains are filling up the market.

As an option I love to cook and have people over for dinner. Like most people that are reasonably adept in the kitchen you can pull off culinary creations that beat most restaurants. I'm not familiar with Buckingham on Whyte. Been to Padmanadi and that's one that is good for a range of patrons.

I've been a vegetarian at times so I comprehend how hard it is in Edmonton finding options that cater to, or are appealing to a wider range of people.
            Last edited by Replacement; 04-01-2017, 02:03 PM.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by Spudly View Post

Replacement: have you actually been to Popeye's or just maintaining your blather/content ratio?
              Spudly, why ask a question when you know the answer? lol
              He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

^But I don't ask questions that I've already decided the answer to. I'm different that way.
                Last edited by Spudly; 05-01-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

haha. qft. (btw, love your signature line. Wish I'd thought of it.)
                  He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

Working...
                  X