White/Red dragon beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White/Red dragon beer

Has anyone else tried Alley Cat's White/Red Dragon double IPA? If you like hoppy beer, something with a bight, I highly recommend it.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

It's St. Patrick's Day please keep your comments about white/red beer until tomorrow. Let's just concentrate of green beer for the rest of the evening.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      It's St. Patrick's Day please keep your comments about white/red beer until tomorrow. Let's just concentrate of green beer for the rest of the evening.
      I would have bought Guinness but I don't like it out of a can only draught.
      “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Where was this Red Dragon beer on March 1?
        Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

I picked up a bottle of it from Sherbrooke awhile back. It was okay. I quite like hoppy IPA's, but this one in particular didn't knock my socks off.

Comment

What would you recommend?

Comment

My favorite IPA right now is probably the Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA. Getting away from IPA's specifically, I splurged on a Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner awhile back, and I think that may have been one of the best beers I've ever had. I don't know if I was just really thirsty, or what, but it was delicious. Ridiculously priced though, at nearly $20 from Sherbrooke. Beautiful ceramic bottle, though.

http://www.rogue.com/rogue_beer/mori...erial-pilsner/

Also, just about every beer from Phillips that I've tried I have liked, and they also have some really nice looking bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
                My favorite IPA right now is probably the Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA. Getting away from IPA's specifically, I splurged on a Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner awhile back, and I think that may have been one of the best beers I've ever had. I don't know if I was just really thirsty, or what, but it was delicious. Ridiculously priced though, at nearly $20 from Sherbrooke. Beautiful ceramic bottle, though.

Also, just about every beer from Phillips that I've tried I have liked, and they also have some really nice looking bottles.
                I made my way through the Philips "Snowcase" as a sort of Christmas present to myself (ended up finishing it in February, but anyway), and almost every beer out of the 24 was awesome. The Electric Unicorn White IPA stands out in particular off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post

I agree about Phillips beer in general but I do remember their double IPA being any better. I guess I will have to try it again. Darn.

Test day.
                  Respectfully we are going to have to agree to disagree. Phillips is more bitter with less bite. From now on I will stick to Alley Cat's Dragon.
                  Last edited by Glenco; 20-03-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X