how to support your favourite food vendor and maintain social distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to support your favourite food vendor and maintain social distance

do you have a favourite dining establishment or coffee shop you haven't been to lately (or were planning to for downtown dining week)?

if so, think about how much their business has dropped off in the last week or two and where it is likely to end up (the nook on 97th street is down more than 60% already
    ).

and after you've thought about it, please think about purchasing a gift certificate or two from them. you can probably do it on-line if, like me, you are social distancing as much as possible.

it won't make much difference to you but having that extra bit of cash available to keep their business viable until you have a chance to use the certificate could make all the difference in the world to them as the "float" you're loaning them is the gross amount, not their nominal net margin.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

My wife, who is one of the only ones now not telecommuting in her office has been going once a day to Beans on 106th street to try to keep some funds going for them. Couldn't even make lunch for her today as she decided she would buy a sandwich from them.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

My local shop has offered to feed me with a slingshot but so far I have deferred to just picking up my soup&san from the counter.
      I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Picked up Marchysyn Sausage today at Home Meat Market. They have delivery and phone ahead pick-up too. For $.25 per ring they vacuum seal it so it can be frozen as well.

Best Ukrainian sausage around IMHO and I would know being of 100% Ukrainian descent!

Support them please!

Comment

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/lithua...oors-1.5558666

vilnius - capital of lithuania - moves restaurants and bars outdoors in order to maintain distancing...

Comment

the nook has now commenced reopening... the pandemic diet is officially over.

Comment

Working...
            X