Songs that you never want to hear again [EVER]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs that you never want to hear again [EVER]

Do you ever just want to tune out some songs because they get played over and over and you've had enough.

Songs like:
    Feelings by Morris Albert
    Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper
    Old time Rock and Roll.... Bob Seger
    Joy to the World..... 3 Dog Night
    Anything by John Lennon
    Anything Country
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - c'mon people, 1992 was 20 years ago, get over it

"Pump It" by Black-Eyed Peas - this song has depressed me for the past 7 years because of the Oilers Stanley Cup run that failed to snag them the Cup.

any song by Ke$ha - mere words cannot describe my raw hatred for this talentless and annoying**** whose horrible music has been polluting the airwaves for the past couple of years

"Gangnam Style" - nuff said
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Anything by Nickleback and Simple Plan
      Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Comment

+1 for nickelback
        "diamonds" needs to die

Comment

Most anything with auto-tune.
          Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

'"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - c'mon people, 1992 was 20 years ago, get over it'

Really? Nirvana is one of the few bands that gets a pass to be played whenever, wherever.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

^ + 1. My Nervermind album is one of the few from my youth that I never get tired of, along with Daft Punk- Homework and Beastie Boys- Ill Communication, to name a few. Classic stuff.

Songs/ Artists I never want to hear again... Ke$ha... I echo SDM's sentiments... terrible terrible stuff. Katy Perry, The Biebs.. awful.. I love R & B but a lot of new stuff from the likes of Beyonce and others makes me cringe.
              Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

'Old Time Rock and Roll' by Bob Seger

Comment

Originally posted by 240GLT View Post
                  ^ + 1. My Nervermind album is one of the few from my youth that I never get tired of, along with Daft Punk- Homework and Beastie Boys- Ill Communication, to name a few. Classic stuff.

Songs/ Artists I never want to hear again... Ke$ha... I echo SDM's sentiments... terrible terrible stuff. Katy Perry, The Biebs.. awful.. I love R & B but a lot of new stuff from the likes of Beyonce and others makes me cringe.
                  Omg i love you just for never getting tired of daft punk and beastie boys. And i havent heard any Nirvana in years and that was my junior high years.

Comment

Love Shack by the B-52s.

Comment

Achey Breaky Heart - Billy Rae Cyrus
                      You're Beautiful - James Blunt
                      Anything played by Kenny G
                      Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                        '"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - c'mon people, 1992 was 20 years ago, get over it'

Really? Nirvana is one of the few bands that gets a pass to be played whenever, wherever.
                        heh, agreed Ian. A good rebirth of some raw energy after the popmusic 80's.

For me the worst songs are anything by Madonna Lady Gaga, or anything by Muse or anybody that sounds anything like them. Can't stand whiny *** singing.

But more than anything I detest Muse. Whip out the excedrin, here comes another mass played song. There seems to be no in between with them. People love em or hate em.
                        Last edited by Replacement; 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM.
                        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Jeez, I had no idea this city has so many Nirvana fans. No wonder the local rock stations play their songs every 1/2 hour. Sure, bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have just as much heavy rotation but at least they put out more music to choose from instead of the 2 or 3 Nirvana albums. Don't get me wrong, I liked Nirvana when they first came out and helped bring the alternative rock to the forefront after years of crappy hair metal. But overplay of their music plus that of their copycat bands pretty much killed them for me. Personally, Sonic should be playing a more influential band of the so-called "modern rock": The Ramones!
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I agree with SLTS being overplayed, though there are plenty of good Nirvana songs that are rarely played. Same with AiC and STP - Man in the Box and Plush are overplayed but there are plenty better songs by both these bands that you hardly (if ever) hear. Anything by FNM deserves a free pass, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                              Sure, bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have just as much heavy rotation but at least they put out more music to choose from instead of the 2 or 3 Nirvana albums.
                              Are you implying that Nirvana needs to record some new material?

Comment

Working...
                              X