No announcement yet.

Famous lives lived...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you're bringing up Trudeau? He's about as relevant to the discussion of you defending someone I consider to be indefensible as the length of your marriage. And I'm the one in a "strange place"?

OK Boomer.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
      Now you're bringing up Trudeau? He's about as relevant to the discussion of you defending someone I consider to be indefensible as the length of your marriage. And I'm the one in a "strange place"?

OK Boomer.
      i thought you had no interest in getting into the weeds?
      "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post

You're absolutely right. I should have no interest in debating with bigots and/or their defenders. My bad.

Carry on Ken.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Saying okay boomer, is apparently like calling someone the N word..who knew?
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• ^

not to worry, i’ve been called worse things by better people who were also wrong (which is usually what’s really bothering them).
            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Never thought you were a bigot Ken and far from it...
              The thin air seems to be pervading C2E quite often of late. No wonder most of the birds flew south for the winter and not seen around here anymore.
              " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• I spoke out against what I found to be offensive about Blatchford. kcantor decided he had to pop in and defend her. And somehow being offended by someone defending admitted rapists (although the judge still felt that it was a "he said, she said" situation even though Retayah was dead) make me too tough on Blatchford.

"Won't someone think of the rapist defenders?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Probably to ensure that when they pass on, that other media types will write something nice about them.

Truth be told, how often have you gone to a funeral and during the eulogy, the speaker extols all the departed's vices and worst traits???

Comment

• Calling people bigots and racists is the term the PC crowd give to anyone that disagree with them on any topic discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post

Saying okay boomer, is apparently like calling someone the N word..who knew?
                      Hot tip: If you try to say two words are equivalent in offensiveness but can't/won't write only one out fully you're completely wrong.

Comment

^

not to worry, i’ve been called worse things by better people who were also wrong (which is usually what’s really bothering them).
                        What am I wrong about? That Blatchford herself was a bigot? That's a matter of public record. She's come out explicitly against tolerance, which is pretty much Bigotry 101.

Non-bigots don't generally advocate for bigotry or defend bigots.

https://www.readpassage.com/christie...ve-her-eulogy/
                        Last edited by noodle; 24-02-2020, 11:52 AM. Reason: Added URL

Comment

• Katharine Johnson, NASA Engineer, 101
                          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post

What am I wrong about? That Blatchford herself was a bigot? That's a matter of public record. She's come out explicitly against tolerance, which is pretty much Bigotry 101.

Non-bigots don't generally advocate for bigotry or defend bigots.

https://www.readpassage.com/christie...ve-her-eulogy/
                            I read that article today. Everyone should read it to inform themselves what a horrible human being Blatchford was.
                            Journalists and prominent politicians were also called out for mourning her death with sugar-coating.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                              Katharine Johnson, NASA Engineer, 101
                              I'm glad she lived long enough to get the recognition she deserved. Hidden Figures is a great book and a great movie. And her many awards and recognitions were well deserved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kather...acy_and_honors

Comment

• Canadiens legend Henri Richard dies at 84

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...obit-1.5488245

Comment

Working...
                                X