No announcement yet.

Famous lives lived...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He appears to be R'ingIP quite nicely. Haven't heard a peep in over two years.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Na..
      Animals are my passion.

Comment

• John Mann of the band Spirit of the West, 57
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
          John Mann of the band Spirit of the West, 57
          At the risk of getting melancholy, I'm going to leave this here. It reminds me of another time when I saw the world in that way which is only made possible through the lens of youthful exuberance.

Now, years later, things are different: Venice really is sinking, John Mann has died, and the world is a sadder place as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by OffWhyte View Post
            At the risk of getting melancholy, I'm going to leave this here. It reminds me of another time when I saw the world in that way which is only made possible through the lens of youthful exuberance.

Now, years later, things are different: Venice really is sinking, John Mann has died, and the world is a sadder place as a result.
            There is no denying the sadness of this. A beautiful song and a poignant reminder of how 26 years have passed so quickly. And especially quickly for Mann at only 57.
            Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

• Jake Burton Carpenter: US 'godfather of snowboarding' dies at 65 - BBC News

“ "People take it for granted now," Pat Bridges, a writer for Snowboarding Magazine, told The Associated Press.
              "They don't even realise that the name Burton isn't a company. It's a person. Obviously, it's the biggest brand in snowboarding. The man himself is even bigger." ...”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50511783

Comment

Working...
              X