Graffiti around Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graffiti around Edmonton

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I decided “art,” though it really could go under “rants.”

What’s up with the p*ss poor graffiti in Edmonton? All around Old Strathcona we have these mindless tags going up. It’s like a bunch of idiots got ahold of spray cans and decided to tag anything and everything. Did their used to be a code between graffiti artists that they didn’t tag certain things? Fronts of stores are being tagged, wooden stairs are being tagged, it’s all just mindless drivel, and I can’t read 80% of what’s written. These guys need to step up their game, and stick to large blank walls, and decorate them with actual art, not scribbles that look like they were done by 4 year olds. It’s gotten way out of hand.

Also, if these morons are caught I think their punishment should be to have their tags tattooed on their faces for all to see.

I wish we could go back to the cool stencil graffiti we had in the mid-2000s. Those were cool.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

HUGE issue there, Downtown and across the city... but they got hit HARD last weekend.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

It's been going on for a few months now, but yeah, it's gotten a lot worse lately. Probably tens of thousands of dollars to clean it all up now. The one that REALLY pisses me off is on the East side of the farmers market; the idiots sprayed over the artwork that's up on the building.
      They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Yes, there is some new loser or group who are destroying buildings all over.
        Hitting the front and sides of buildings with no regard for anything over the masonry onto the glass.
        Whyte, Ritchie, Downtown and it's the same atrocious skill-less blob tagging, not that even if it was actual good graffiti it's excusable where they are tagging.

Good thing we have this police helicopter for millions to patrol from the skies that anyone can hear from kilometers away.

Comment

Bunch of stuff all over The Moth, including something like "F*@k GENTRIFICATION" on the side of one of their trailers (!).
          “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

Dozens in my neighbourhood. Reported it to 311 via 311 app. They came by and only cleaned up 1, I repeat 1 tag. There was another tag directly next to the one they cleaned but they left it...

Comment

It is the property owner's responsibility for removal, but also a crime and so report it and then work to remove it.

$750 towards removal
              https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_ser...g-program.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                It is the property owner's responsibility for removal, but also a crime and so report it and then work to remove it.

$750 towards removal
                https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_ser...g-program.aspx
                So unfair..especially if it happens more than once.
                I'm glad to hear there's some help, Ian..
                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Bylaw is sympathetic, they give time and opportunity, but they do require it removed.

Comment

Took a stroll around Old Strathcona and they've tagged murals, kids artwork, buildings, fences, sign posts... basically anything and everything. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
                      Took a stroll around Old Strathcona and they've tagged murals, kids artwork, buildings, fences, sign posts... basically anything and everything. Disgusting.
                      Tagged - such an innocuous sounding word.

Comment

Toronto. Too bad but hilarious that they are angered over their work being graffiti’d - just as they graffiti’d others’ work themselves in the past.

“That's angering the artists who first beautified the laneway”

'Debacle' leads to alleyway murals being painted over in black | CBC News

A community project meant to beautify a Toronto laneway has turned into "a debacle" for homeowners after work by some of the city's top graffiti artists was painted over, turning a colourful public space into an alley of black paint.

“But instead of seven murals, 26 garages were painted black with a stencil of a letter on each.

That's angering the artists who first beautified the laneway.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...over-1.5304302
                        Last edited by KC; 06-10-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

On the south side of Whitemud freeway between 170th St and 178th Street someone has vandalized the noise abatement wall with big lettering.

Too bad.

More taxpayer money now needs to be spent on cleaning up crap like this. Not sure when the City will notice it but it’s not exactly invisible.

Comment

Working...
                          X