No announcement yet.

Edmonton Pride Festival relocating to Old Strathcona in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There weren't any really cool floats, but there also weren't some of the garbage ones from last year (like the car dealerships that just had someone driving a car with the dealership name on it). The kids enjoyed it (except the really loud music), so it was a success on that front.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

So many folks Downtown Friday night and great to hear how much support on whyte. Bravo!

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
        Scott McKeen was in the parade. Mayor Iveson and some other councillors are in Winnipeg for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities conference.

I missed it myself, but from viewing the social media it seemed a bit underwhelming compared to last year.
        Top_Dawg got polluted on Whyte Friday night and passed out at his Mill Creek safe house.

Saturday A.M. he staggered over to O2's for hair of the dog.

Whyte Avenue was packed with revellers.

Top_Dawg watched some of the parade from O2's windows and after three beer he went down on the Avenue.

In Top_Dawg's estimation there were even more people than last year and most seemed to be really enjoying themselves.

Especially the twinks in their speedos who were out en masse, teasing and tormenting the frustrated bears.

After more beers at Rosies, Top_Dawg noticed that many, many people stayed on Whyte and continued partying at a lot of the bars that hosted special events centered around the rainbow theme.
        Last edited by Top_Dawg; 06-06-2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg
          after three beer he went down on the Avenue
          Literally or figuratively?

Comment

Hands down more people stick around after and the while street is alive. We staked out Meat"s patio and stayed there all afternoon
            Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

It's a shame downtown wasn't built around Whyte Ave instead of Jasper Ave, without a doubt a better location for the parade, re how it turned out.

Comment

^If downtown had been built around Whyte Ave instead of Jasper Ave it would be Jasper ave area that would have had old quaint period buildings and all the highrises would have been built on the south side of the river. Also we would be living in Strathcona not Edmonton.
                LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Let's not forget a few things here:
                  The Pride Parade was in downtown for many years, and during then the downtown streets, shops and eateries on and around 104 St, Jasper Ave, City Centre Mall and Churchill Square were also crazy-busy. It's mainly because of the upcoming LRT construction that it had to move out of downtown.

Whether the parade is in downtown or Old Strathcona really makes no difference, so let's quit pitting one against the other.
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^I went to both, its definitely got a better vibe in Whyte, IMO. Not to say I would want other parades to migrate there.

Comment

I figure the best thing is the argument is about where to hold and not about whether it should be held at all.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

Well Top_Dawg is out of here.

Have a great weekend everybody !

See all you cornholios tomorrow at Pride !

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Have a great weekend. We have company this weekend, so we can't go. I don't think our 92 year old baba wants to go, or the newest member of the family, who is 7 weeks! I'm hoping for a big turnout, and I hope the rain holds off.
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Keep that "loose o-ring" protected!
                            I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Raining all weekend. Might put a damper on festivities. Or maybe there will be some rainbows.
                              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Working...
                              X