E Z Rock to become Virgin Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Z Rock to become Virgin Radio

Global news @ 6 is reporting that the entire on-air staff at 104.9 E Z Rock has been fired and that the station is making a format change on Friday Feb 4. The rumour is that they will switching to the Virgin Radio format.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

wow, EZ rock has been EZ rock for...a long time.

If this is true it will for sure be competion for the Bounce and Hot 107

Comment

Does the city really need 3 stations all playing the same top pop and R&B hits? It's sad that there's a virtually infinite combination of time periods and genres to mix and match to create a unique station, but instead I guess it's easy to try and be a "me too" station.
      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

So will it be the same as the one in Calgary now, a top 40 station?

Comment

This is such a shame. This station sponsors a lot of businesses. If another new hit station comes along it will flush out the other ones and they'll become another needless country station (remember what happened with 96X). The only thing I'll miss about EZ rock is the non stop holiday tunes.

Comment

what a shame! where will I listen to all my Christmas radio music all Dec now?

Comment

Radio rumours say that Pepper & Dylan are returning to host the morning show.
              Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Some people at my workplace like to tune into EZ Rock. Where was the rock? The only rock the station played is snooze rock. As background music during work, I want to listen to more upbeat tunes. It doesn't have to be speed metal but something that wouldn't lull myself to sleep in the afternoon would be nice.

I've been switching between CKUA, Capital FM and NOW Radio during the workday.

EZ Rock has lost a generation of listeners by playing the same old boring Sheryl Crow and Celine Dion ballads year after year. By being stagnant, EZ has has allowed NOW FM to fill the void.

Comment

^ One lady I worked with had EZ Rock playing in her cubicle - to me it was like Fleetwood Mac on the hour every hour.
                  “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^ But it wasn't the rocking Fleetwood Mac tunes. It would be the Stevie Nicks on valium songs.

I've noticed EZ Rock has been playing more Nickelback the past couple of months. That's a sign of desperation.

Comment

Ugh another station that's the same as the other crap. I rarely listen to the radio but I will defo miss the Christmas music on EZ Rock.

Comment

an EZ Virgin on the dial ............
                        Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

Check this out hahaha... all official:
                          http://edmonton.virginradio.ca/shows.aspx

I'm just hoping they follow one thing from Hot 107... NO NICKELBACK GUARANTEE!!!

Comment

EDMONTON — Meet Edmonton’s newest Virgin.

EZ Rock 104.9 FM, an adult easy-listening station, is now Virgin Radio, a Top 40 pop format, the third of its kind in the city. The station will be going head to head with The Bounce 91.7 FM and Hot 107.

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Edmon...#ixzz1D1vLrQVw

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...787/story.html

Comment

Meh, won't affect me much anyhow. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in years, but this is exactly why. Absolutely dismal variety. Way too many commercials.
                              "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                              X